Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Not that long ago, it would have been Andy with the toys out of the pram, the implosion from a set-up, and the racquet-smashing huff. All that was missing from a total role-reversal was Andy seeing out the comeback.

I think he's got Djokovic's number, and that loss could actually be of benefit in the long run. People on here always talk about the lesser players' chances in a 3 setter vs a Grand Slam - if that had been 5 sets today, Andy would have had far more in the tank than Djokovic. They both know it too.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Not that long ago, it would have been Andy with the toys out of the pram, the implosion from a set-up, and the racquet-smashing huff. All that was missing from a total role-reversal was Andy seeing out the comeback.

I think he's got Djokovic's number, and that loss could actually be of benefit in the long run. People on here always talk about the lesser players' chances in a 3 setter vs a Grand Slam - if that had been 5 sets today, Andy would have had far more in the tank than Djokovic. They both know it too.

Agree with a lot of this. Just a shame he couldn't convert at 0-30 on Djokovic's serve in the third set as he surely would have seen it out for his first win over him from a set down.

I hope they meet again, fresh, in a few weeks.

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Draw will be out this evening about 10ish

Someone can't count.  The draw is at 11am which is midnight our time.

Federer will be seeded 17th.  So we could get a heavily stacked draw tonight.  Federer could play Nadal as early as the Third Round and play either of Murray or Djokovic in the 4th Round.

Murray's ideal draw would be something like: 3rd Round Tomic, 4th Agut, QF Thiem, SF Raonic

44 minutes ago, Loki said:

Federer will be seeded 17th.  So we could get a heavily stacked draw tonight.  Federer could play Nadal as early as the Third Round and play either of Murray or Djokovic in the 4th Round.

Murray's ideal draw would be something like: 3rd Round Tomic, 4th Agut, QF Thiem, SF Raonic

Can see it being a very tough year for both Federer and Nadal, they will land some stinkers in early rounds of tournaments. Decent run for Dimitrov last week beating Thiem, Raonic and Nishikori to win in Brisbane.

Never knew it was 11am, just knew it always came out Fri morning in Oz.. hence my evening post.
Bit harsh on the counting tbf

Good draw for Murray up to the quarter-finals. Could play Federer there but he'll have to beat Berdych in the third round and then Nishikori in the fourth.

Wawrinka and Kyrgios could meet in the fourth round. :D

Think I'm happier with Stan in Murray's half given their last two meetings and I think Raonic is due a win against one of the top two at a slam. He also has a pretty kind draw as well.

Zverev and Nadal in the third round could be a belter.

Verdasco against Djokovic in the first round is pick of the bunch, though. He could play Edmund in the third and then Dimitrov in the fourth too. Not an easy draw.