Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

With a bit of luck Murray should bounce up the rankings in the next few months. Of the next 10 tournaments he only has points from a QF in Memphis (which is played this week, with Murray 3rd seed) and 3 2nd round appearances to defend. Although I think a number of those tournaments coming up are on clay.

He played on clay for three years at the Barcelona tennis school. I don't think its that big a factor.

He's into the semi's to play Roddick at the Memphis International.

His brother has also reached the semis of the doubles.

When is his next match?

It'll be tonight, I'd imagine, with the final on Sunday night.

Coverage has started now - players are warming up on court.

Incidentally, Jamie Murray is in the doubles final tomorrow - his team beat Benneteau and Johansson in a Champions tie-break :D

Edited by codfish

Guest xbasslichtie
I know he's doing well and he's a Scot so should support him but isn't he just a bit of a knob? And what's with the accent - I find him a whiny, petulant pain in the arse. Hope he wins a major though.

I noticed the accent - probably several years in Spain and some American coaches having an effect! And yes, he is indeed a whiny petulant pain in the arse, but thats part of what makes him a winner! None of this gentleman jim jolly good sport crap.

• 3 weeks later...

Andy Murray has saved Scotlands sporting pride by beating Davydenko (or whoever it is - the 4th seed anyway) in straight sets. Im not a tennis fan but thats a great result :) Federer has lost in his half of the draw, so it has opened up for him to go to the final. Good news :D

Um, you say that on the day FIFA announce Scotland have reached their highest ever ranking of 16th in the world?

Still some win for Murray, especially after being broken in the very first game :blink:

We didn't play football today though did we ;)

I was more thinking of the cricket (although we could have done worse), Rangers losing and Alan Mcmanus not qualifying for the Snooker World Championships.

Aye, that's a fantastic result. Davydenko is a machine. Murray must be destined for close to the top 10 now.

He's no having much luck with the draw though. It's either Haas or Gonzales next, two players who absolutely hammer the ball.

Great win for Murray. He's in a rich vain of form at the minute and don't think he should be too nervous about his next opponent. He's got the form at the minute to battle through to the semi's

Guest thefamousphilosifer
If he plays Gonzalez, I'd make the Spaniard slight favourite to be honest, I reckon he'd have just a bit too much power for him.

Didn't Murray gub him the last time they played, straight sets at the USO or Wimbledon :unsure:

I hope his ankle is ok, gave it a sore one last night.

Djokovic next up, should be a good encounter, the two fastest rising youngsters on the tour against each other for a place in their first Masters Final.

And the prize for the winner is a final against Nadal or Roddick. ;)

• 2 weeks later...