Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

I see that JMDP has said that his career might be over after re-fracturing his knee cap at Queens. A real shame if so, the big guy has been hugely unlucky with injuries through his career, and I've no doubt he'd have a couple more slams without them.

The man is an absolute warrior, amazing that he managed to see the match out against Shapovalov last week after suffering the injury. Obviously wanted Andy Murray to win the gold in Rio, but you couldn't have begrudged it to Delpo if he had managed to come out on top.

Any word on who he is playing mixed with at Wimbledon, apparently Barty turned him down. Katie Boulter warms my cockles, the bold Sir Andrew needs to approach her.
Already said she won't be able to play at Wimbledon and probably the whole grass court season

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Murrays take the first set against the Wimbledon finalists. They compliment each other very well, their volleying at the net is superb at times.

Will team up again with López for the Toronto Masters, and then it’s on to Cinci. Probably the fastest court on tour.

If he does return to singles action he’s going to get some stinking draws [emoji23]

The Murrays take the first set against the Wimbledon finalists. They compliment each other very well, their volleying at the net is superb at times.

Will team up again with López for the Toronto Masters, and then it’s on to Cinci. Probably the fastest court on tour.

If he does return to singles action he’s going to get some stinking draws [emoji23]
Is this on TV? I've got two tennis matches on ESPN - but no doubles.

Yep when he returns to singles it's effectively an 'all in' scenario.  Meaning he could easily draw a Djokovic, Nadal or Federer in round 1.

I thought he would've played some smaller tournaments first to try to improve his ranking by getting a few wins under his belt.  Straight into a Masters event is wild IMO.