Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Have to say both Murray and Federer gave great interviews. Murray especially never mentioned his knee - which seemed to be killing him and killed his chances really. I thought Murray was supposed to be this miserable arrogant f***wit.

Aye, thats right. Evidently he forgot to read the script!

Park it in some multi story car park and never go back for it.

:lol::lol:

What a great player Federer is, he looked bloody smug while he was waiting for his trophy, and quite rightly so! If anyone deserves to be smug, he does. He was absolutely magnificent. Still, well done Andy, like you've all said on here, his time will come.

Aye, thats right. Evidently he forgot to read the script!

:lol::lol:

What a great player Federer is, he looked bloody smug while he was waiting for his trophy, and quite rightly so! If anyone deserves to be smug, he does. He was absolutely magnificent. Still, well done Andy, like you've all said on here, his time will come.

Federer looked ominously good in his semi final and he was even better against Murray. I don't think anyone would have stopped him winning that today.

Murray is the real deal though and will improve further and will become an even better athlete. He already has all the shots he needs to win majors and he will win a few I have no doubts at all.

And I'm sure he will continue to piss of Mrs Featherstone-Haugh of Turnbridge Wells for looking a bit scruffy on the court. <_<

And I'm sure he will continue to piss of Mrs Featherstone-Haugh of Turnbridge Wells for looking a bit scruffy on the court. <_<

Aye, Andy Murray Factfile, as posted by Mrs Featherstone-Haugh of Turnbridge Wells:

Pros:

Good range of shots

Very fit

Approaching his peak

Beaten all the top players

Won titles

Cons:

Looks a bit scruffy

Has a dull voice

Overall verdict:

Not good enough.

Hard lines Andy, better luck next time.

Every single Scot was behind you.

You did the nation proud.

Spot on. He was awesome against Nadal, but unfortunately for him, he came up against Federer who had a point to prove after losing his No 1 spot.

He'll be better for the experience

Spot on. He was awesome against Nadal, but unfortunately for him, he came up against Federer who had a point to prove after losing his No 1 spot.

He'll be better for the experience

Murray appears to have taken it well, which is a positive sign for him in his development

Federer was unbeatable on that form and is one of the true greats of the game

Murray appears to have taken it well, which is a positive sign for him in his development

Federer was unbeatable on that form and is one of the true greats of the game

Greatest player of all time mate.

I wasn't :D

Get in there Fed my son!!!!

But he's Scottish, you have to like him :bairn

I was wanting him to win though. Anybody who gets right up the nose of the Hooray Henrys down south gets my support. A million dollars in prize money and the knowledge that he's on the cusp of something very special should be enough to soothe his aching bones for the time being. Hard lines Andy.

Guest dougalldogg

Some of Federers returns last night were exceptional. On that kind of form Murray had no chance, he gave up a decent fight I guess, but nobody would have beaten him last night the way he was playing.

Heard an embarrassing phone in on the way home from work yesterday on Talk Sport, where idiot Scottish people queued up to embarrass themselves by trotting out the old paranoid lie about "When he wins he is British, and when he loses he is Scottish".

Dear oh dear.

Edited by H_B