Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Simon is awful to watch, and on a court that slow it just multiplies how terrible he is to watch. Reduces every match to a complete slog. That match reminded me of the match between Djokovic and Simon where Djokovic made over 100 unforced errors, Murray made 55 tonight in a 3 set match.

Meh. I quite like Simon. He's a very good player.

Was half-following Jamie's doubles game in Vienna on Live Tennis Scores earlier, on the corner of my screen. They appear to play next point wins the game at 40-40 (so no advantages on deuce). Is this something new they've introduced at some doubles events, or has it been going for years and I've completely missed it? 

13 minutes ago, The-coo-shed said:

Meh. I quite like Simon. He's a very good player.

Wasn't really a comment on his ability as such, he's obviously a good player. I just don't like watching him. Always lots of monotonous rallies and when played on a court like that it's soul destroying to watch.

11 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Wasn't really a comment on his ability as such, he's obviously a good player. I just don't like watching him. Always lots of monotonous rallies and when played on a court like that it's soul destroying to watch.

I'm the same as you, he has a very slow style of play, almost like he can't be arsed, so a lot of his matches seem to last about 4 days.   But his backhand has always impressed me.  

Andy looks to be struggling a bit with the court IMO.  Hitting a lot of short forehands, playing himself into a defence.  But old faithful, the cross-court backhand, is looking as solid as ever.

25 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Making mince meat out of him. Must be horrible being that height.

It's helped him become a multimillionaire though, I guess.

Doing what he usually does to Isner, get the return back in then get him lumbering around the court. A wee wobble there in that service game at 3-1 but managed to hold.