Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

If Djokovic isn't going to make the final, it realistically has to be today that he loses, he's not going to lose indoors in Paris to Isner or Sock. Cilic could cause him serious problems if he's on his game and still has to wrap up his London spot. Will be very interesting if Djokovic loses, Murray should be a shoo in from his half of the draw but the pressure would suddenly all be on him. 

Edited by Virtual Insanity

Apologies, Cilic has qualified. I was looking at Berdych being able to overtake him, but they have both surpassed Thiem so Cilic is in, and barring a Tsonga miracle win, Berdych is too. 

ETA which is a bit crap, was looking forward to having Thiem at the O2 instead of Berdych. 

Edited by Virtual Insanity

There we have it.  Andy Murray will be world number one if he makes the final, winning the event will be a great boost for the year end number one.  If Murray makes the final and loses he will be world number one by 5 points :lol:

Edited by Loki

Apologies, Cilic has qualified. I was looking at Berdych being able to overtake him, but they have both surpassed Thiem so Cilic is in, and barring a Tsonga miracle win, Berdych is too. 

ETA which is a bit crap, was looking forward to having Thiem at the O2 instead of Berdych. 

I think having qualified allowed Cilic to go out and play with a lot more freedom today. Hope Andy can seize the moment now.