Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

14 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Just watching the mens doubles final. The combination of John Inverdale and John Lloyd on commentary is just dreadful. What a pair of p***ks they are. 

Inverdale always strikes me as a little englander type who watches tennis three weeks a year - Queens and then Wimbledon. Which is fine, plenty of people in that boat. Just don’t have them commentating on the tennis though. Him commentating on Jarry’s match with Alcaraz like the seeded player and grand slam quarter finalist was some kind of unknown quantity gave it away further. 
Anyway, men’s final today. The one and two seeds and the two best players in the world by some distance. Should have been the French open final a few weeks too, but it ended up being the semi final. The first two sets of that semi was some of the best tennis I’d ever seen. Alcaraz matched Djokovic and they were tied at 1-1 before his body and mind went. He’s definitely got the game to beat Novak today, just not sure if he’s got the head for it quite yet. I think Djokovic wins it in four. 

Edited by Lex

6 hours ago, Lex said:

Inverdale always strikes me as a little englander type who watches tennis three weeks a year - Queens and then Wimbledon. Which is fine, plenty of people in that boat. Just don’t have them commentating on the tennis though. Him commentating on Jarry’s match with Alcaraz like the seeded player and grand slam quarter finalist was some kind of unknown quantity gave it away further. 
Anyway, men’s final today. The one and two seeds and the two best players in the world by some distance. Should have been the French open final a few weeks too, but it ended up being the semi final. The first two sets of that semi was some of the best tennis I’d ever seen. Alcaraz matched Djokovic and they were tied at 1-1 before his body and mind went. He’s definitely got the game to beat Novak today, just not sure if he’s got the head for it quite yet. I think Djokovic wins it in four. 

Can only guess you've never seen Inverdale present the rugby? He was regularly on the verge of tears when England lost.