Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Those two are so far ahead of everyone else it’s ridiculous. Djokovic won at the French open, Alcaraz wins Wimbledon, Djokovic wins Cincinnati. Which of them wins the US Open…

I had a bet builder on and elected to take a cash out when Novak had his medical time out and he looked like he was going to retire.  Alcaraz was a set and 3-1 up.  Went to my bed.  A cash out was better than a void.

Wstched the highlights this morning, and the level they can play is just tremendous.  Novak will play until he can still compete with him, but it’s not going to be long until he’s usurped.  

Feel like a genius.

IMG_1999.png

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Is anyone else's picture utter shite on sky sports tennis? Looks like a dodgy stream for me rather than a network television broadcast. 

Mine is fine, but I have it through Now TV.  So the only choice of court is whatever Sky are showing on their channels.  Does Sky have a red button option with multi courts?

That was the best thing about Discovery/Amazon any match you wanted to watch you could watch.

18 minutes ago, Loki said:

Mine is fine, but I have it through Now TV.  So the only choice of court is whatever Sky are showing on their channels.  Does Sky have a red button option with multi courts?

That was the best thing about Discovery/Amazon any match you wanted to watch you could watch.

Aye they've got multi court coverage so you can choose. It just looked very low FPS during the Thiem match earlier and quite stuttery. Thought it was maybe me but the other sky sports channels and TNT etc were fine. 

Might look into getting sky stream instead of now tv then.

Id imagine it was just the broadcast feed playing silly buggers rather than your connection.  Although you’d think they’d have that pretty much sorted with it being on a show court rather than than little court 18!

Yeah the picture on 401 looks SD, when you press red button and it goes to the select court menu then it sharpens up. Bit odd. 

Edit : the zoomed in cameras eg when about to serve also seem sharper but when it switches back to main camera the resolution is noticeably worse 

Edited by Fuctifano

10 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Yeah the picture on 401 looks SD, when you press red button and it goes to the select court menu then it sharpens up. Bit odd. 

Edit : the zoomed in cameras eg when about to serve also seem sharper but when it switches back to main camera the resolution is noticeably worse 

Yeah good point, or seemed 720p at best on the main camera.  We'll put it down to first day glitches.

Murray should be on court around 1700 BST today against Moutet. The unseeded Frenchmen got to the 4th round of the US Open last year, so won't be straightforward but I do expect Murray to get it done, probably in a five set epic. Likely going to face Dimitrov in the next round.  Good few seeds falling already. Auger-Aliassime, Musetti, Korda, Bublik and Rune all out on the first day. Djokovic through in straight sets after an hour and a half, Alcaraz last on court today. 

With the victory over Bublik Thiem got his first win at a Grandslam in two years!  It has opened up nicely for him, so hopefully he takes advantage.  He’s had Del Potro’s luck with injuries.

As Lex said I’d expect Murray to get through today, can’t see him getting past Dimitrov if he can’t serve.  A similar injury last year before Wimbledon and he was struggling with his serve.

Should be a good day of tennis ahead.

Doesn’t appear to be any issues with the injuries in terms of the serve so far, that may change the longer we go in the match, but he’s playing pretty aggressively.  Took the first set 6/2 but could have been 6/0.

Dimitrov in deep shite in his match, he either wins in five and will be tired, or he is out.  Murray would prefer to play Molcan.