Who Will Be Motherwell's Next Permanent Manager?

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Micky Mellon Motherwell Manager.

Micky Mellon sounds like he should be taking pictures like your avatar in some Seventies sex comedy. While sweating profusely and going "phwoar!"

Kenny Shiels would be a laugh but I can't see them making the same mistake twice in a year in terms of sacking a manager and appointing an even worse replacement.

Appreciate I am being very pedantic right now but we have only sacked 1 manager in the last 12months.

Billy reids a good shout

Had a few very good seasons with accies on a very low budget, then went off the boil in his last season

Brought through players like McCarthy, MacArthur and Easton in brought in some good seasoned pros.

Motherwell would old be a good fit

Yeah I agree that's why I was saying I can't see you getting this as badly wrong as Baraclough's was.

All depends on whether or not the people making the appointment learn from the mistakes that led to Baraclough getting the job. From what I've read it'll be handled by our 'football committee' which was put in place in February, after Bara came in.

The whole situation is pretty reminiscent of how things ended up with Gannon, though he clearly left for different reasons. We brought in Craig Brown after Gannon was bulleted and it wouldn't be a massive surprise if we went for someone with a bit more experience this time around.

As far as Mixu goes historically we've never really gone for guys who were 'early favourites' or usual suspects and if we really are expecting over 70+ applications then it'd seem we have options and can't imagine we'll rush into an appointment.

I've read quite a few people mentioning Mark McGhee on Steelmen - and it's as if his second season has been airbrushed from history. We finished outside the top 6, were pretty terrible to watch and it was a huge disappointment after what had gone before. He was constantly looking for the exit door (although that started a few months into his 1st season to be fair) and left our squad in a shite state leaving Micheal Fraser as a leaving present.

On the flipside - if he came back, he could take advantage of his extensive German contacts and he'd have a chance to sign that commanding centre-half that he promised for two years....

I've read quite a few people mentioning Mark McGhee on Steelmen - and it's as if his second season has been airbrushed from history.

Yeah, I found that quite odd too. I can only imagine the logic is along the lines of "well, this time he'd be focused". What I would say is that we need to bin the whole left-field, unknown with lower league experience appointment as it's clearly not worked seeing as neither Gannon or Baraclough lasted 12 months while we can't really afford to take a punt on a first time manager and run the risk of getting it wrong again.

If anything someone who fits the sort of profile of McGhee or McCall would be what I'd hope/expect us to be looking at. Former international with a coaching background and reasonable amount of experience at a decent level in England, who's had some success but taken a dunt at a club and has a point to prove sort of guy. Who that would be I've no idea though.

If anything someone who fits the sort of profile of McGhee or McCall would be what I'd hope/expect us to be looking at. Former international with a coaching background and reasonable amount of experience at a decent level in England, who's had some success but taken a dunt at a club and has a point to prove sort of guy. Who that would be I've no idea though.

Take your pick, kids...

2hyuk5f.png2i7xqj7.gif

Archived