County v Caley

Because let's be honest, your other man's a roaster so let's have a proper thread instead.

First time in a long time we've gone into a derby above Caley in the league.

Davies missing for County & Christie missing for Caley will both have a big impact on this. We've got plenty of squad depth, so hopefully we'll be the lesser affected.

Would have rathered this came a few weeks ago before Caley managed to find their form.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few weeks ago I'd have fancied us for the win, but Caley seem to have found some real form.

Christie seems to have been a big part of that, so I'm pleased he's suspended.

Davies suspended for us maybe balances that out... although, quality defender that he is, with him out we are maybe less likely to give away (yet another) penalty! That can be taken as either harsh, or looking for a silver lining. Boyd is a good replacement, so hopefully he wont be too big a loss, but we will definitely miss Davies playing out from the back.
Rest of our team looks good, even with the absentees, so hopefully we can get something from this.

Only thing to be sure of is that this thread (or both) will be a colostomy bag of tedium.

Wasn't a straight red for Ryan so I'm hopeful he can play next week and would miss later games though I'm not 100% sure tbh

That's a fair point... Davies wasn't a straight red either.

Good idea, Spain, that other thread is a mess. Poor Malkmus, he seems to be a troubled soul. Would like us to go with this team:

Fox

Fraser Robbo Boyd Reckord

Franks Irvine Murdoch Midge

Graham Boyce

At the start of the month I was looking at this thinking we would win comfortably but caley are on a good run so idk. Gonna say 2-1 County Boycie at the double!

Good work Spain, it needed a County fan to start this match thread with a bit style and panache. That other thread was more Caley than a dawn raid in Hilton.

I'm more confident going into this fixture than I have been for years, no doubt that means we will probably be beaten. Thankfully Boyd has had some recent match time alongside Robertson and should replace Davies with no issues. I'm looking forward to Boycie getting stuck into their defence. It's nice to have a free-scoring Ulsterman playing for the good guys in this fixture for once.

wimpy.jpg

As said, I don't think Davies or Christie will be out for this one. Suspensions will be for the week after.

To be honest, I'd rather we didn't have Davies if it meant they didn't have Christie. I'd argue it'd be a bigger loss for them.

Was fairly confident before yesterday, but that performance has given me some doubts. Not too bothered whether Davies banned or not to be honest, yes he and Robertson are our best CB pairing, but only when he's fit and he didn't look it yesterday. Boyd as always will be a reliable backup.

Reckord at his mistakes again yesterday, he has been hot/cold this season.

Franks apparently carrying an injury so not risked yesterday.

Midfield still the worry for me, Irvine excellent yesterday but had to do it all himself, Caley could dominate in that area.

Pray that Craig Fucking Thomson is not the ref, if he is I'm staying in the Mallard.

Archived