County v Caley

Gutted that I'll be missing this one. Caley finally finding a bit of form which should make for a good contest. Still confident of a County win though with Christie being out and I think our wide players will get the better of their fullbacks.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Form goes out the window for these fixtures which as we all know on the head to head count ICTFC have a far better record

If Vigurs is fit for this i fancy him to score the winner from a free kick

I dont think it'll be a classic or high scoring but should be a entertaining match

2-1 Caleythistle

Form rarely goes out the window for these fixtures.

A small section of Dundee fans have been singing twist and shout for years.

Divides opinion massively in the Derry.

I like it myself.

Likewise Dunfermline fans have been singing it pre match in the gallery for a couple of years, one of those tunes that get around like a nasty slut.

Form goes out the window for these fixtures which as we all know on the head to head count ICTFC have a far better record

If Vigurs is fit for this i fancy him to score the winner from a free kick

I dont think it'll be a classic or high scoring but should be a entertaining match

2-1 Caleythistle

Form rarely goes out the window for these fixtures.

Exactly, as sadly backed up by the head to head count.

Twist and Shout is just the 2015 version of Sloop John B. I hope Bad Moon Rising is the next song to catch on with football fans.

Man Utd fans sing a version of that and have done for years.

I remember hearing Caley fans singing a version of it more than ten years ago in Dingwall.

If Christie is out, can anyone confirm, then how should we line up?

--------------------------FonWilliams-----------------------

--Raven--------Meekings----------Devine-------Tremarco---

------------------Draper-------------Tansey----------------------

---------Horner-------Vincent------------Williams--------------

------------------------Storey--------------------------------------

I'm basically putting anyone in ahead of Mutumbo. We seem to have a few more injuries, with Vigurs, ShoSilva and Foran all missing for the three games we played last week.

We might play Polworth to give us a bit more solidity. Williams playing further forward would be a positive, he was excellent in that role against Dundee Utd.

I would pretty much go with the same team that beat Aberdeen with the exception of Christie. I would keep Danny Williams at left back he has been simply outstanding at that position to the point we haven't really noticed Shinnie not being there. He attacks with pace and is more than capable of popping in a goal or two.

Definitely Draper in the middle as even though most opposing fans slag him off he's very good at what he does and he's just the type to contain Irvine who seems to be on fine form and creates a lot of what county appear to be going well. Even though Boyce is on fire I think Josh is as good a centre back as anyone in the league and getting back to full sharpness after his injuries Storey had got lots of pace to go in behind county's defence. It will be all about trying to create the chances for him which is where Christie will be a miss. Sho-silva mutombo vigurs if fit could all feature. It's just a Shame Jordan Roberts is still out I saw him a few times pre season and he would be perfect to take Christies role Looked talented with a great left peg.

We have beaten hearts and Aberdeen in amongst the last three games and with the injuries gradually clearing up. A good game could be in the cards. 2-2

Apparently Vigurs and Sho Silva will be fit for this one. With Christie out and if those two are fit then I would suspect that we will line up something like:

Fon Williams

Raven Devine Meekings Williams

Draper Tansey

Vincet Mutumbo Vigurs

Storey

This is County's best chance to beat us in a long time. They are on cracking form and we are missing a number of creative players. They are definitely the favourites #MindGames

Apparently Vigurs and Sho Silva will be fit for this one. With Christie out and if those two are fit then I would suspect that we will line up something like:

Fon Williams

Raven Devine Meekings Williams

Draper Tansey

Vincet Mutumbo Vigurs

Storey

This is County's best chance to beat us in a long time. They are on cracking form and we are missing a number of creative players. They are definitely the favourites #MindGames

All aboard the Mutumbo Relegation Bus!

Mutumbo is pretty frustrating but I think he's capable of producing a moment of genius from nothing. He almost did it against Livingston when he hit the post.

James Vincent and Ross Draper are our key players on Saturday. Vincent's fitness should lead to him influencing the game more on County's smaller pitch (I'd play him in CAM) and Draper should hopefully keep Irvine quiet. Also, we're due a penalty and Tansey is due a goal...

We could go all negative and try something like this

------------------------FonWilliams-----------------------

---Raven------Meekings--------Devine------Tremarco---

-------------Draper-------Tansey--------Polworth------------

----Vincent------------------------------------------Williams------

---------------------------Storey----------------------------------------

It'd need Williams and Vincent to cover a lot of ground and for Vincent to play in an unfamiliar position. You'd also be looking for one of Draper, Tansey, Polworth to push up while the others covered in support - both Draper and Tansey are capable of doing that but we could get caught.

Basically, any formation that excludes Mutumobo works for me. Watch the fucker score a hat-trick after me saying that.

I wonder if Mubtumbo will be allowed to tackle again?

Ryan Christie certainly won't, but a fairly pointless observation. You were previously right though, form seldom goes out of the window for these games. We've just beaten Hearts and Aberdeen, you've drawn with Dundee and beaten the bottom side 1-0. Good result in the cup though and I suppose we need to consider the head to head record. All it really says is prepare to be owned. Again.

Welcome Vigurs, sweet Caley prince.

I only just spotted that. :lol:

Ian McShane played in the DL match yesterday, so with Martin Woods out it almost certainly means that Stewart Murdoch will be partnering Jackson Irvine in midfield.

Irvine has proven to be more than capable this season, but Murdoch has had an uneven start. He looked the best of the midfielders in pre-season before Irvine signed, then I thought he had a really poor game against Celtic, with his touch letting him down under pressure. It took him a while to get back in favour, but was very good against Falkirk and then spent 45 minutes chasing the game at Dundee. He won't find a tougher test than up against Draper and Tansey, so I look forward to seeing how he fares.

I think Jon Franks can feel hard done by dropping to the bench against Dundee. Raffa De Vita and Michael Gardyne are the obvious first choice pairing for the flanks. Yet De Vita's form this season has been patchy: always capable of the killer ball but without getting into a position often enough to deliver it. I'd like to see Franks attacking Tremarco or Williams on the outside, but someone else would have to come out of the team.

I wasn't that convinced by Miles Storey on his debut against Hearts, but he definitely adds something to the ICT attack that hasn't been there since Marley Watkins left. Caley Thistle have always had that attacking threat in behind the County defence under Butcher and Yogi, and that's something that County are still lacking - it's the missing link in County team along with long range shooting.

Archived