Raith Rovers v Morton

^^raging (and it's only monday)

Aye, and he's also having a bit of a giraffe. I really, really liked big Temps as a player but I always felt that he had a propensity to fall down during games. For a guy of his stature he should have dealt with some of these tackles with a degree of contempt, not to mention a bit of come back. His natural lack of aggression was what held him back from being a much more accomplished player imo. As the poster above said -he's a 'nice guy' and I've absolutely no doubt that he's a total gentleman. Not everyone has it within them to mix it with the opposition, but this is a quality I'd have loved big Chris to display.

and to Swampy ...as for my posts inducing the rage within you... be a love and send yourself a facepalm from me. It's only a daft messageboard. :wacko:

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to say how this will go. I thought Morton would struggle this season with Duffy in charge but they've made a decent start and are on a decent cup run.

Not too many familiar names in their starting 11 so hopefully McKinnon has had them watched a couple of times.

I'll plump for a draw. 1-1.

Suppose the big decision is whether Craigen moves back left or stays in the middle. Stewart seems to have done fairly well out wide, so I'd rather not move him if need be. Craigen could also bring in some creativity through the middle. Imagine Davidson will play if fit, which is a shame.

Probably another close game, although I won't be surprised if we concede.

With only Raith left to see this season, I am of the view that there is not much between the nine teams contesting the league places other than the automatic promotion spot. With that in mind, anything could happen on Saturday from 3/4 - 0 home victory to 3/4 - 0 away victory and all points in between (not that I expect the extremes of that range to happen). Probably a draw!

With only Raith left to see this season, I am of the view that there is not much between the nine teams contesting the league places other than the automatic promotion spot. With that in mind, anything could happen on Saturday from 3/4 - 0 home victory to 3/4 - 0 away victory and all points in between (not that I expect the extremes of that range to happen). Probably a draw!

3 or 4 away victory when we've only conceded 1 goal at home all season to a premier league team at that, you pissed…..? yeah wouldn't surprise me either...

Think this could be our first dropped points at home. Morton have had a good start, I expect them to settle down around 6th-7th but for now they're in decent form and are evidently hard to beat. Hope not, just one of those feelings.

Would be delighted with a win. Imagine one of Davidson and Matthews will come back into the side? Would like to see Wighton drop to the bench and allow Stewart back up front rather than out wide. Gives us more options from the bench, too.

Is Jim Duffy still despised down Cappielow way, or has a league title and a promising start eased things off?

I'm not sure about the despised part, but I'm getting a bit pissed at the way he has been setting the team up, Tidser on the right??

Pepper at left back?? 4-4-2 against Rangers was an open invite to them for them to play us off the park, which obviously they did but that's in the past and lessons will hopefully be learnt.

IMO Tidser must be played central midfield role if we have any chance of taking control, but the way RR have started it certainly gives Duffy something to think about, now maybe the time to try and get players in their natural positions rather than having them cover, as far as I know we have pretty much a full squad to choose from so in that way I expect changes in the midfield

Jim Duffy has no clue. Tidser right mid? Kilday right back? Pepper left back? Miller midfield? All of these reasons are which make Duffy a poor manager. People say there's no one else to cover these positions but that's duffys fault for not strenthening in the these areas.

Would you have taken our current postion in the league and league cup before a ball was kicked though ?

Miller's a decent player who is improving steadily, no question about it, and it's harsh on him to be dropped. However, we're talking about Michael Tidser here. Just because Ashley Young's been playing well, it doesn't mean you leave Memphis Depay on the bench. Tidser is by a huge margin the best midfielder at the club and if he's fit he should really be accommodated in his natural position.

Baffled as to why there's even a discussion about this. Build the midfield around Tidser - before Sunday we were persisting with players being fielded out of position, on the basis that it worked*. Well... it didn't, so let's change it.

McCluskey in for one of the strikers and Russell replacing Pepper are the correct changes, with five in midfield for Saturday's game.

* Beating the bottom two league sides and swording Motherwell in the cup is hardly the strongest case for that anyway.

Miller's a decent player who is improving steadily, no question about it, and it's harsh on him to be dropped. However, we're talking about Michael Tidser here. Just because Ashley Young's been playing well, it doesn't mean you leave Memphis Depay on the bench. Tidser is by a huge margin the best midfielder at the club and if he's fit he should really be accommodated in his natural position.

Miller has done everything asked of him, I think it's credit to Tidser that Duffy is including him in the team. Think about it, this is a team who are all together, drop Miller for Tidser could cause problems. I think Duffy has this one right

Miller has done everything asked of him, I think it's credit to Tidser that Duffy is including him in the team. Think about it, this is a team who are all together, drop Miller for Tidser could cause problems. I think Duffy has this one right

That's fair enough, I disagree but it's a defensible position. I just think in this division you need to play your strongest team.

Loads of interest in this one.

Our own club thread is mainly 'woe is me, stuff' based on our poor home support and the perils of sharing a town with a more successful ice hockey club.

If we win this it'll be 6 wins from the opening quarter, and every home game won.

I see Tidser has slunk back to Greenock with his tail between his legs. Where's the other half of Tidserou?

Do Morton have any players we'll have heard of?

If you're a thick Raith bumpkin who doesn't actually follow football, probably not.

If you're a functional human with a genuine interest in the national sport, yes.

Archived