Dunfermline Athletic v Albion Rovers

No, you made an arsey comment in response to a specific point. The question asked why a player would go down in a specific situation, which was while he was through on the keeper in the last minute of a game that was safe, havng just stayed up with a stumble after being caught the first time, before being fouled again as he was about to shoot.

I've never seen a player go down looking for a penalty in exactly that situaton before. The orginal queston was valid. Your arsey response, when you hadn't even seen it so new nothng of what he was talking about, was daft.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Referee was awful today for both sides, the standard of refereeing this season has been abysmal.

Thought Albions number 7 caused problems in the first gap but then fell out the game.

Thought our passing was poor today but once we scored I didn't think we were in any danger.

The first and third goals were great goals and the keeper should get shot for his howler for the second.

Rooney was poor today, didn't look fit and was struggling to bomb forward the way he did at Stenny.

Think Albion will be ok, looked a much better side than Cowden so reckon playoffs potentially.

No, you made an arsey comment in response to a specific point. The question asked why a player would go down in a specific situation, which was while he was through on the keeper in the last minute of a game that was safe, havng just stayed up with a stumble after being caught the first time, before being fouled again as he was about to shoot.

I've never seen a player go down looking for a penalty in exactly that situaton before. The orginal queston was valid. Your arsey response, when you hadn't even seen it so new nothng of what he was talking about, was daft.

Nope

The first penalty incident was definitely a poor decision by the referee. Penalty all day. Second one though looks as if Fais just tumbles after trying a fancy trick with the keeper bearing on him so not a penalty.

A win is a win. That first goal is a peach by Cardle. That's the difference between our squad last season and now, wee bit extra quality that wins you games.

After the first quarter, we're on the right track to the title. Looks as if there's a wee gap developing between Ayr and us with the rest of the league. I guess that only disappointment is losing against Ayr and drawing against Airdrie in home games. We've accumulated the same amount of points as last season, yes, but the amount of goals we've scored totally dwarves this time last year. This will be a key factor in us winning the league.

First and third goals are superb. Cardle is our get out of jail card. Regardless of how the team is playing, he wins us games every two or three weeks, just as he did first time around . Still a good hit for the second - good to have midfielders who will try these shots - hit it hard, low and on target and make the keeper work and they'll come off now and again.

3-0 more than flattered us yesterday but thought we deserved the win in the end. Really struggled badly early doors but Albion never created many chances and after Cardle's superb opener, they never looked like getting back into the match. Felt sorry for poor Barrowman marooned up top.

No idea what the keeper was doing for the second goal but first time I've seen more people laughing than celebrating after we've scored. Third was well-worked with good play from Hopkirk and a nice finish from Faiss.

Thought Geggan and Rooney had fairly awful games, with not many shining lights for the Pars. Cardle and Faissal have the quality to get us out of a few jams this season. Rovers looked good to start with but fell out of the game after minimal resistance from ourselves. I'm sure they won't be overly concerned by a loss at EEP though and really looking forward to my first visit to Cliftonhill next month.

Cardle is our best player. It's funny that there are certain folks jumping on the band wagon saying how good he is now. . .As for Rooney, yes - he's not at 100% fitness but he's a better player than Williamson. Williamson is good (of course he is) but we're in a better situation now.

Cardle is our best player. It's funny that there are certain folks jumping on the band wagon saying how good he is now. . .As for Rooney, yes - he's not at 100% fitness but he's a better player than Williamson. Williamson is good (of course he is) but we're in a better situation now.

1) Some Pars fans have interesting views on players but fairly certain the vast majority would agree Cardle is a great player and far too good for this league. Was there anyone who thought he was overrated that I've missed?

2) Ryan Williamson is better than Shaun Rooney. That might not be the case in a year's time but it sure is right now.

All in all, a baffling post, good sir.

I think some people thought he was too much of a one-trick pony towards the end of hist first spell at us tbf, while there is some truth in that I personally don't agree, people just reacted badly to the fact we were playing in a better league, against better defenders.

Settle.

I've heard nothing but 'meh' comments regarding Rooney, Williamson made it into Team of the Year after 6 months of first team football, at which time he would have been 17-19. With that in mind, to say Rooney is a superior player seems like a very strange opinion.

Archived