Michelle Thomson

Mr Bairn

It's pretty f*ckin bad though Fide If proven, profiteering from people so desperate that they have to sell the roof over their heads at a knockdown price just to be rid of it!?

Aren't these people busy enough serving their constituents without having the time to scam money from them ffs?

My opinion, Rob, if it isn't already clear, is this - She, as an SNP MP, has been selected by the electorate to represent her constituency on a clear anti-austerity ticket. She therefore is meant to represent those without a voice.

If she is found to have profiteered from those people, or if she has acted wrongly, I fully expect her to be booted, toot suite.

I want my SNP MPs to be utterly squeaky clean.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My opinion, Rob, if it isn't already clear, is this - She, as an SNP MP, has been selected by the electorate to represent her constituency on a clear anti-austerity ticket. She therefore is meant to represent those without a voice.

If she is found to have profiteered from those people, or if she has acted wrongly, I fully expect her to be booted, toot suite.

There's a good chance that, in a legal sense, she IS squeaky clean.

Doesn't stop the fact that she appears to be completely morally bankrupt however.

There's a good chance that, in a legal sense, she IS squeaky clean.

Doesn't stop the fact that she appears to be completely morally bankrupt however.

I would expect Nicola Sturgeon to get rid if she has acted legally, but iniquitously.

In all honesty, not much to add to this.

Dear oh dear. Where do we start?

Of the 56 55 SNP MPs at Westminster, 6 of them have gone down the time honoured troughing route, giving jobs to members of their families. The register of members interests does not record how many MPs have given jobs to friends or party chums. You can bet there's a fair few. Their expenses will make for interesting reading.

It's pretty f*ckin bad though Fide If proven, profiteering from people so desperate that they have to sell the roof over their heads at a knockdown price just to be rid of it!?

Aren't these people busy enough serving their constituents without having the time to scam money from them ffs?

Where the hell was she when I was trying to sell mine?

Dear oh dear. Where do we start?

Of the 56 55 SNP MPs at Westminster, 6 of them have gone down the time honoured troughing route, giving jobs to members of their families. The register of members interests does not record how many MPs have given jobs to friends or party chums. You can bet there's a fair few. Their expenses will make for interesting reading.

Who are the 6 troughers?

What level of "troughing" are we talking?

And, just to confirm, you're a No voting "Airdrie" fan, yes?

The relevant bit of your post. The rest is baseless conjecture.

It's not exactly Watergate though is it.

No, but for a party who rode to victory on the premise that they were against all of Westminsters bad practices, they weren't long in adopting them.

Shame on each and every one of them.

There's a few obvious contenders. I thought Tasmina was a typical gravy train type, seeing as she'd represented 3 parties in other election campaigns previously. I don't like that Dr Monaghan idiot who somehow got past the vetting procedure - I think he's the Caithness guy - and Natalie McGarry and John Nicolson are genuine fucking spacers.

Who are the 6 troughers?

What level of "troughing" are we talking?

And, just to confirm, you're a No voting "Airdrie" fan, yes?

In answer to your questions:

1. Check the register of members interests. What am I, your secretary?

2. Awarding salaries of up to £38.5K to family members.

3. You're new on the block? I'm a Yes voter.

I'm not entirely sure about the SNP either at the moment tbh. I'm really not that surprised to hear that some are employing family members either.

So YOU made assertions, I asked you about them, and I'VE to do the legwork? Don't think so.

Also, what are the rules surrounding MPs employing family members?

There is nothing wrong or against the rules about doing it. However, I think any job which is financed from the public purse should be open to fair and open recruitment processes.

This probably does mean that employing family is a grey area and other legislatures do forbid it.

To imply that it means the SNP have gone native in Westminster is a bit hysterical though.

There is nothing wrong or against the rules about doing it. However, I think any job which is financed from the public purse should be open to fair and open recruitment processes.

This probably does mean that employing family is a grey area and other legislatures do forbid it.

To imply that it means the SNP have gone native in Westminster is a bit hysterical though.

I'm simply pointing out that SOME have. Someone should be having a word and telling them to get it sorted.

Archived