Match of the Day #6

Grim O'Grady

Spartans vs Vale of Leithen

Ainslie Park

3pm

Always been a bit tasty of a fixture & now with the added intrigue of the Golden One returning to the scene of his most glorious managerial career exploits. Well who knows what can happen. This has all the expectations of a gripping Cup tie. Yet both teams know that the prize will be a step higher up the league ladder.

Both teams have had a much improved performances since the start of the season with Spartans now in touching distance of top status. Whilst Vale are looking to break away for a mid table position, they can no longer be considered the whipping boys.

Can the match get any more exciting? You can bet your bottom dollar. It will be a rip roaring return to one of Spartans true legends our very Cloudie.

Looking at the weather forecast, he will be the only Cloud in sight down at the bright side.

Don't forget your sun cream for this thriller with a vanilla ice-cream.

Also on the every changing & expanding Ainslie Park front you'll notice that we are making further community developments & This time next week you'll see the revealing of the all new in fact brand spanking new Grim's Gantry..

You'll be mad to miss it

Grimbo

Spartans vs Vale of Leithen

Ainslie Park

3pm

Always been a bit tasty of a fixture & now with the added intrigue of the Golden One returning to the scene of his most glorious managerial career exploits. Well who knows what can happen. This has all the expectations of a gripping Cup tie. Yet both teams know that the prize will be a step higher up the league ladder.

Both teams have had a much improved performances since the start of the season with Spartans now in touching distance of top status. Whilst Vale are looking to break away for a mid table position, they can no longer be considered the whipping boys.

Can the match get any more exciting? You can bet your bottom dollar. It will be a rip roaring return to one of Spartans true legends our very Cloudie.

Looking at the weather forecast, he will be the only Cloud in sight down at the bright side.

Don't forget your sun cream for this thriller with a vanilla ice-cream.

Also on the every changing & expanding Ainslie Park front you'll notice that we are making further community developments & This time next week you'll see the revealing of the all new in fact brand spanking new Grim's Gantry..

You'll be mad to miss it

Grimbo

I smell a rat here Grimbo you are trying too hard here even by your standards ... you're coming to the real big one aren't you ?! ;)

What's match of the day next week Grim?

It's purely random TtB surely you should know that? I leave it in the hands of Allah to decide. He knows best.

I love the warmth & coziness of the CLP but unfortunately I am away on other business but not to worry I'll be at the one that matters back at our place later in the season. ;)

Grimbo

Another great battle & I got to see another Cloudy goal at AP.

Vale came at us & like I said Cloudy was in the right place at the right time to do what he does best. There were chances at either end but it finished at 1/2 time with Vale 1 up. 1/2,time discussion over snacks left most of the AP faithful in agreement that we still have plenty in the tank to come back at Vale & that proved right.

Dishy leveled it with a great finish before Big Mac put us ahead with his telltale thumping header. Aguero Murrell carried on his terrific goal scoring record by banging in our 3rd & Beefy Murray came off the bench & scored a cheeky wee lob over the keeper to finish off the match. Does 4-1 flatter us maybees aye maybees nae. Ok had the Vale chance earlier not have crashed back off the crossbar who knows but the result I believe would still have been 3 points to us.

We are looking the real deal now with another win under our belts. A strong effect bench & still more of our lads to come back from injury. We will need everyone available to see out the season & to finish on top of the pile. I've seen enough so far to believe it's on. The rest of the season will be the proof of our pudding. The play-off being the cherry.

It was good to see some old faces at AP yesterday & even managed a laugh with Bob the cowboy who was happy to show off his spurs. The Captain always the gentleman (you won't hear my calling him Van driver or whatever it is the Golden One calks him) & the GO himself having a good blether with the Spartans faithful pre-match & no doubt post-match for the ones who never went down the pub.

Oh btw when is this egg chasing shite going to finish the pub was steaming with them. Good for the tills but not good for us.

Next week won't decide the League but it'll put either team in the driving seat. Course there's always the draw. Which would be every Kikby fans dream. Let's see what pans out. Me from 200 miles away (watching Bournemouth).

Will put up the highlights later.

Grimbo

It's purely random TtB surely you should know that? I leave it in the hands of Allah to decide. He knows best.

I love the warmth & coziness of the CLP but unfortunately I am away on other business but not to worry I'll be at the one that matters back at our place later in the season. ;)

Grimbo

anything to dodge buying a pint eh? Eeh, ah thought you were proper Lancs and not a Yorkie!

anything to dodge buying a pint eh? Eeh, ah thought you were proper Lancs and not a Yorkie!

I'm like a yorky thicko, I'm no away next week at all at all, it's the following week. So I will be able to avoid buying you a pint down the club.

Grimbo

Saturday coming is one of those days everyone feels they are "Match of the Day" depending on who they follow... Lanarkshire derby, Stewartry derby, Edinburgh derby, Universities derby, Selkirkshire derby. I suppose Whitehill-Preston is even a Lothian derby.

Vale-Gretna may be pushing it, granted...

Archived