Football Manager

CK

Alternatively set it to windowed mode :rolleyes:

Saints should be a lot better in FM 2006 after I managed to convince the guy in charge of Scottish research that broadfoot really is as good as I'd made him B)

634728[/snapback]

I did the first CM3 when it came out, got my name in the credits and a free game too :) But they toned down my star youngsters at the time, Paul Rudden, Hugh Murray, Colin Drew - i also was honest and said we were 1m in debt, which we were at the time, but no other club in the division had any debt, probably because i was the only one doing those.

I did also manage to sneak 4 of my friends into the reserve team, so they were quite delighted, they even made the next edition too :lol:

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did the first CM3 when it came out, got my name in the credits and a free game too :)  But they toned down my star youngsters at the time, Paul Rudden, Hugh Murray, Colin Drew - i also was honest and said we were 1m in debt, which we were at the time, but no other club in the division had any debt, probably because i was the only one doing those.

I did also manage to sneak 4 of my friends into the reserve team, so they were quite delighted, they even made the next edition too  :lol:

638310[/snapback]

I remember that!!! Brain Donn et al. :lol:

I did CM01/02 so like you, got a free game and my name in the credits. :D

Still in my championship season with St. Mirren. There is about 7 games left to go and Blackburn have just about run away with the title. :(

The good news however is that my Mokoena gamble (£4.4m, my entire transfer budget for the season and put me into debt), looks to have paid off. He's scored 22 goals from 28 starts and has fired me into a comfortable second place (9 points clear of 3rd place Charlton after 39 games), and what looks like a place in the elite of the Premiership and it's gold mine of TV money next season. :D

My 21 year old Colombian right Mid, Freddy Guarin is a goddamn genious. 33 starts from right Mid, 7 goals, 23 assists and an average rating of 8.24! :D

On my other wing, my young Turkmeni, Radfutin Orekhov has made 40 starts, scored 9, set up another 17 and has a rating of 7.92! :D

I've also recently taken on the Scotland job after Watty Smith was given the rubber lug. Just played in a pre-arranged friendly against Hong Kong :lol: and romped it 7-0.

I remember that!!! Brain Donn et al. :lol:

I did CM01/02 so like you, got a free game and my name in the credits. :D

Still in my championship season with St. Mirren. There is about 7 games left to go and Blackburn have just about run away with the title.  :(

The good news however is that my Mokoena gamble (£4.4m, my entire transfer budget for the season and put me into debt), looks to have paid off. He's scored 22 goals from 28 starts and has fired me into a comfortable second place (9 points clear of 3rd place Charlton after 39 games), and what looks like a place in the elite of the Premiership  and it's gold mine of TV money next season. :D

My 21 year old Colombian right Mid, Freddy Guarin is a goddamn genious. 33 starts from right Mid, 7 goals, 23 assists and an average rating of 8.24! :D

On my other wing, my young Turkmeni, Radfutin Orekhov has made 40 starts, scored 9, set up another 17 and has a rating of 7.92! :D

I've also recently taken on the Scotland job after Watty Smith was given the rubber lug. Just played in a pre-arranged friendly against Hong Kong  :lol:  and romped it 7-0.

638328[/snapback]

Not him, i put in Donald Gilmour, Danny Packham, Tommy McLaughlan and Kenny Morrison - none of them turned out any good though :)

what tactics do you use, and training schedules, ive never found a good formation on it, but with something tried and tested ill give it another go.

what tactics do you use, and training schedules, ive never found a good formation on it, but with something tried and tested ill give it another go.

638348[/snapback]

Generally a 4-4-2. flat back 4, 2 strikers and midfield in a diamond.

I generally play them with a defensive countering mentality until my squad reaches a decent level of ability, then move to a normal (towards attacking) mentality and taking off my counter.

My squads passing is always direct. I Give them the high end of normal for creative freedom, width and pressing.

I usually hire a decent assistant manager and allow them to run my training schedule. I find the training too time consuming to chop and change and don't feel its easy to achieve a good balance by sorting it all manually. Usually by 12 games into a season my players will be in a mess if I sort the training alone.

I've used the same sort of tactics since 00/01. The only time I have ever changed it was in CM01/02 (patched) when Wayne Rooney first hit the scene, I signed him for Man Utd, played him up alone in a 4-5-1 and he hit 60-odd goals for me in his first season and was still only 17 in the game.

That game developed an error every time I tried to load it, so I lost it all.

In another game I'm running, I've just taken Scotland to the World Cup in Germany, thanks to an 81st minute Derek Riordan goal in the last group game, edging out Slovenia for the play-off place, and a 5-5 aggregate draw with Belguim, going through on away goals :D

Has anyone ever tried to make a pyrimid system for Scotland. I did it once. Made a 20 team Scottish Conference with teams from Highland, East of Scotland and South of Scotland. It was class, all set up and everything but i must have done something to f**k up my database and it wouldnt load. Had to reinstal it. Im pretty shit at FM tbh. Hopefully I will be better at the new one seeing as Im doing the Berwick research and I will know how good all the players are going to be ect.

im playing champ man 5  its quite good

638054[/snapback]

Anything you say in this message board from now on should be ignored. It is clearly you can only talk utter pish.

I was going to use the editor today

But as it takes so long to load, is it worth using it??

What exactly can you do on it?

638634[/snapback]

You can do everything. Even create fanzines to comment on your players, and change the location of cities. Its worth it, I tried loading it the other day, and it wouldn't work :(

I basically use a flat 4-4-2 with the wingers encouraged to run forward - works like a charm - was forced into bringing Chris Zok on as a sub (everyone else was injured/suspended) in a cup tie v Dundee Utd and he scored the winner!! Have been playing him since and hes brilliant - 5goals already! Stewart Kean may be struggling to get his place back when he returns (a few weeks) :o

I'm trying to sign Di Giacomo from Killie. £1.8 million release clause, but his Agent says I can't afford him :(

Nacho Novo still won't sign, even though i'm playing Champions League football, and he's in the Majorca B team.

Results in Europe so far:

Raith Rovers 1 - 0 Maccabi Haifa

Bayern Munich 2 - 2 Raith Rovers (one step better than last time ;))

Raith Rovers 0 - 2 Newcastle

Newcastle 3 - 0 Raith Rovers

The group is as follows:

Newcastle - 10 Points

Bayern Munich - 8 Points

Raith Rovers - 4 Points

M. Haifa - 0 Points

I've still to play Maccabi Haifa away, and Bayern at home.

Doesn't look too good, and my league season isn't doing to good either :(

I beat Montrose 8-0 in the League Cup though, and St Johnstone are bottom of the 3rd Division :o

Airdrie Utd. are bottom of the 3rd division in mine :lol:

The SPL actually has Albion Rovers and Forfar in it :o

I'm actually 5th in the SPL going for Europe - through cup or league? - Both hopefully ;)

639053[/snapback]

I've got Ayr, Raith, Partick, Ross County, Dundee in the SPL, Hearts in the 2nd, Saintees in the 3rd.

Stephen Pressley is valued at £4,000.

Ayr released Stephen Whalen, I signed him and now i'm selling him back to Ayr after about 6 weeks :blink:

I'm in January now, and 5th in the SPL. Sold Kirk Broadfoot & Mark Corcoran to Aberdeen & Wigan for £100000 & £75000.

I signed Chris Gardiner from Hearts for £4k, and 2 days after he arrived, he damaged his cruciates in training and is out for nine months. Alex Burns is out for 7 months with a broken leg, and Aaron Conway is out till the end of the season with a broken leg. I play with 3 up front and the only strikers I have are Gilhaney, Harty, Arbuckle, Wilford & MacDonald. Also got young Kevin Bradley but he's not SPL class. MacDonald is shite and hasn't scored this season, despite scoring 28 times last season with teh Saintees. So with only 4 decent strikers I'll need to bring someone in. Got Robert Snodgrass on trial and been playing him in the reserves and he looks good. My reserves are top of their league :D

I start making noises about selling Martin Prest, and he gets a call-up to the Argie squad!!

I'll probably still sell him, but i'm upping the price tag!

639094[/snapback]

In the time it took me to write that post, I lost 3 goals to Ross County and got beat 5-1.

I'm making changes! Colin Murdock is getting tae f'ck, hes shite.

I start making noises about selling Martin Prest, and he gets a call-up to the Argie squad!!

I'll probably still sell him, but i'm upping the price tag!

639094[/snapback]

Oh, that reminds me

Jimmy Gibson is now in the Scotland squad and started the last two games :D

Archived