Football Manager

CK

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my young want-away Colombian had a stinker (played a 3 until halftime when I subbed him). The very next day he announced to the world that he had settled at Barnet and was looking forward to establishing himself.

Stuck with him and he scored a hattrick at Bolton.

I get agents videos about twice a month. To be honest, they are beginning to become a pain in the erse. John Sutton's agent has approached me about 6 times (at Barnetn Newcastle and Hibs).

I'm getting stalked by John Sutton!

I'm doing well now after 6 games I'm 3rd having my only slip ups drawing to newbies Ross County on the 1st day and losing 4-0 to Hibs a few weeks ago :lol: I've had 3 straight wins in the Chamions League 2 in the qualifying stage 1-0 and 0-2 making me win 3-0 on aggregate and just beat Porto 1-0 in my first group match - I'll be lucky to get out my group alive though , Porto, Inter Milan and Dinamo Kiev :o

My line ups changed a bit

---------------------Bald

Jarzebowski-Locke-Laursen-Duncan

----Namouchi-Baird-Cole-Valois

--------------Boyle-McGlichey

Undefeated in my last 5 games. Gilhaney has finally got his scoring boots on, but my striker problems continue as Ian Harty is suspended for the next 3 games, so now I've only got Gilhaney as my only decent striker. Going to give Kevin Bradley a chance, and Peter MacDonald still couldn't score in a reserve team friendly against Bonnybridge <_<:lol::lol:

I Created Third Lanark In CM05, From having 15k as the value of the club and a budget of 1k in the third divsion at the start (2005), I have know a club worth £18,905,878 am In the SPL and Have played in Europe, year (2012).

======================Combe==========================

====Cichino====Jean Dika=========Sergei Baltacha====Gabbidon=====

====Bellion====Shabalala======Silivio Spann====Mijokoulounas=======

==============Hussein=======Hartson======================

Bench: Molienen, Babanjida, Guardiola, Santala.

I am sitting top of the league,on a good form. Then all of a sudden all my best players get injured. Atleast 5 are currenlty injured and all the suspension are catching up on my other players, WTF. I have to use alot of my young players and lets just say there crap. So annoying

BTW, is there anything I can do about getting Ivan Hurtado a work permit? He looks a decent player, and would do a job for me, but the f'cking SFA (or whoever deals with work permits) won't let him in.

640805[/snapback]

Why don't you get the managers job at St Johnstone then apply for a work permit again? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I decided to have a break from my Saints game, and took charge of Gretna for a bit of fun. After just over a season, I'm sitting 5 points clear at the top of Division 2, after winning Division 3 comfortably the season before. It helps to have £5.5 million available to spend though :P

Currently, my team is as follows...

Gk - Robert Douglas (free transfer)

DR - Stewart Greacen (28k from Morton)

DL - Ross Forsyth (part exchange deal with St Johnstone)

DC - David Partridge (5k from Motherwell)

DC - Kirk Broadfoot (100k from St Mirren)

DMC - David Fox (110k from Man Utd)

MC - David Noble (95k from Boston)

MC - Ederson (975k from RS Futebol)

AMR - Markus Paatelainen (part exchange deal with Aberdeen)

AML - Charlie Adam (free transfer)

FC - Tomas Radzinevicius (65k from Suduva)

Subs - Allan McGregor (14k from Rangers), Stephen McManus (7k from Celtic), Darren Potter (on loan from Liverpool), Alan Gow (55k from Airdrie Utd), Gabriel Batistuta (bosman from Al Arabi)

Although it's a whole new side, I'm trying too keep a Scottish base to it (9 of the matchday squad are Scots), and aiming to bring through some decent youngsters in the future. In the short term though, I've got a team that can get me quick-fire promotions. Squad depth was a problem last season, which meant playing Colin Stewart, my third choice keeper, as an emergency winger on occasion. With guys like Graham Bayne, Laurie Ellis, Kevin Byers and John Potter all in as back-up though, that problem shouldn't arise again :lol:

New problem if you are an international manager.

The Irish FA had arranged a World Cup warm up 2 weeks before the finals against Brunei of all countries.

I had to pick my squad for the friendly 4 days before picking the World Cup squad.

A media expert decided to question the validity of playing such a meaningless game which resulted in Robbie Keane, Damien Duff, John O'Shea and a couple of others pulling out of the squad. This is fine but they did it after I had named them for the world cup.

By the time I had played the friendly and the withdrawn symbol had been removed from the players page it was too late to call them up to the world cup squad.

I am currently awaiting the sack as I had a terrible world cup as a result.

Cancel all meaningless friendlies two weeks before a world cup!!!

Who the f'ck plays 5 minutes of Injury Time!? :angry:

I was beaten 2-1 by Anderlecht, away.

At home, i'm leading 2-0, then they score so I make 3 subs, then Darren Brady is injured and I have to play with 10-men - but then I score! 3-1, i'm going through. 5 minutes of injury time, and they score in the 5th and go through on away goals :angry:

Attached is my preferred Starting 11 and Formation. Ignore the subs, they are just randomly picked.

post-640-1125083286_thumb.jpg

I decided to have a break from my Saints game, and took charge of Gretna for a bit of fun. After just over a season, I'm sitting 5 points clear at the top of Division 2, after winning Division 3 comfortably the season before. It helps to have £5.5 million available to spend though :P

Gk - Robert Douglas (free transfer)

DR - Stewart Greacen (28k from Morton)

DL - Ross Forsyth (part exchange deal with St Johnstone)

DMC - David Fox (110k from Man Utd)

MC - David Noble (95k from Boston)

AMR - Markus Paatelainen (part exchange deal with Aberdeen)

FC - Tomas Radzinevicius (65k from Suduva)

Subs - Allan McGregor (14k from Rangers), Stephen McManus (7k from Celtic), Darren Potter (on loan from Liverpool), Alan Gow (55k from Airdrie Utd), Gabriel Batistuta (bosman from Al Arabi)

Although it's a whole new side, I'm trying too keep a Scottish base to it (9 of the matchday squad are Scots), and aiming to bring through some decent youngsters in the future. In the short term though, I've got a team that can get me quick-fire promotions. Squad depth was a problem last season, which meant playing Colin Stewart, my third choice keeper, as an emergency winger on occasion. With guys like Graham Bayne, Laurie Ellis, Kevin Byers and John Potter all in as back-up though, that problem shouldn't arise again :lol:

648716[/snapback]

Well in cody, I always by ederson, usualy for much less, 8k once, is this FM your buying him in or CM05? he's some player even though his stats are pish, also if your looking around the lower brazilian leagues check out advaldo, good player works for £50 full time. you can get him on contract becuase he's working on a "month to month" contract

is this FM your buying him in or CM05?

651879[/snapback]

Well, see how its called the 'Football Manager' thread?

You are the only oner who has even mentioned the hopelessly vile piece of shite that is CM5.

If you want to talk about the retard game, by all means do so, but start a new thread and talk yourself silly.

If in here. keep it to FM, even though your a cheating bassa. :rolleyes:

Well, see how its called the 'Football Manager' thread?

You are the only oner who has even mentioned the hopelessly vile piece of shite that is CM5.

If you want to talk about the retard game, by all means do so, but start a new thread and talk yourself silly.

If in here. keep it to FM, even though your a cheating bassa. :rolleyes:

651887[/snapback]

CM 03/04 has been mentioned several times :rolleyes:

I've not played it in a few days I go through phases with games.

CM05, is much better than FM, I've been playing the CM series since 01/02 and you get used to the layouts, FM is completly different from it, My mate gave me a copy of FM and it's so hard to work, and the player/staff search isn't as good as CM03.04 even, you can't search via attributes and alot of other things.

It's comprehensive enough, It has all the teams/players that CM05 has, If you could get a CM05 skin for FM then it'd be klass but until then shite layout shite game.

Subs - Allan McGregor (14k from Rangers), Alan Gow (55k from Airdrie Utd), Gabriel Batistuta (bosman from Al Arabi)

648716[/snapback]

You nicked my save game per chance :P

CM05, is much better than FM, I've been playing the CM series since 01/02 and you get used to the layouts, FM is completly different from it, My mate gave me a copy of FM and it's so hard to work, and the player/staff search isn't as good as CM03.04 even, you can't search via attributes and alot of other things.

It's comprehensive enough, It has all the teams/players that CM05 has, If you could get a CM05 skin for FM then it'd be klass but until then shite layout shite game.

652011[/snapback]

You don't half talk some pish. Football Manager 2005 is effectively the next in the Champ Man series. Sports Interactive and Eidos split, Sports Interactive being the developers and Eidos the publishers who had sod all input in the game.

It was fairly obvious that what SI did was going to be far superior and more like the original and so it has proven. Eidos, meanwhile, have created a truley awful, bug ridden game, which is what happens when you try and beat SI from scratch in the space of eighteen months.

You nicked my save game per chance :P

652035[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

I got bored of Gretna (I don't like going 20 games only dropping 6 points for some reason), so my current challenge is to split the Old Firm with Hearts. Can't remember my full team off-hand, but I'm currently sitting 4th in the league, 4 points behind Rangers, and 10 behind Celtic. Best results so far have to be a 3-0 win over Celtic at Tyncastle, which was the first time I'd adapted my formation to cope with the 3-5-2 they play, and 2-1 against Rangers, also at Tynecastle. :)

652011[/snapback]

Your idiocy knows no bounds.

FM05 is the sequel to the CM series. CM5 is made by a completely different company to the one that made CM03/04 and every other previous Champ Manager game.

Champ Manager is now a tainted name due to the awful standard this new company have produced the game to.

Archived