No ref, no game

Krfc 10

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly believe that this story is concocted pish from an individual who's trying to be mischievous.

If you're going to be mischievous at least be good at it and get some facts on the table.

Of course it is mate, I just looked at the appointments. He's on a lowland league game. Championship one week, lowland league the next. That's some suspension that! Haha

I honestly believe that this story is concocted pish from an individual who's trying to be mischievous.

If you're going to be mischievous at least be good at it and get some facts on the table.

He is not suspended. ..Man in the middle for Dalbeattie v Threave in the lowland league

Whitevanman if you are still here - any news at all regarding Mr maxwell and any potential ban ?

And I also see that the ref in question you demeaned on here is doing a premier league game very soon so doesn't this all render your original post as fruitless and perhaps concoction regarding the referees imminent ban :)

I don't think his days are numbered at all and maybe you should retract your statement .

Whitevanman if you are still here - any news at all regarding Mr maxwell and any potential ban ?

And I also see that the ref in question you demeaned on here is doing a premier league game very soon so doesn't this all render your original post as fruitless and perhaps concoction regarding the referees imminent ban :)

I don't think his days are numbered at all and maybe you should retract your statement .

My guess a 6 game ban for mr maxwell..

Do refs and linesmen get paid in the juniors? I'd be rubbish at it and I'm a bit amazed and grateful that people are willing to do it. Good on them if they are paid btw.

Yes they do.

It's not the kind of experience many (any?) sane people would do voluntarily.

Not sure how to post quote on this but hope this work.

My final say on this .

Hertha/BJFC1938, on 14 Oct 2015 - 00:03, said:
Let's look at this properly.
The last match this referee was in charge of was September the 19th , his next JUNIOR game is this Saturday 17th October . 4 weeks he was taken out the firing line by that i mean refereeing a junior football match for 4 weeks.
What he did from that 4th official linesman at sfl2 or wherever was him being taken out the firing line of being in charge of a junior game.
Now let's look at this referee history i quote some examples.
steish, on 13 Oct 2013 - 20:23, said:
Calum haswell in charge of our game v girvan produced the worst display I have ever seen. You can accept that a ref will never get 100% of his/her decisions correct but I would go as far as to say that over half of all his decisions were woeful. Now I know I don't know all the rules of the game, but this guy was hopeless with the ones I do know. It wasnt even as if I'm complaining about Winton not getting decisions out way, girvan have every right to feel hard done by too.
Cue supras to come in and tell us we are all Neanderthals and scum of the earth.
valleyboy, on 14 Oct 2013 - 22:45, said:
I couldn't possibly comment on a referee but I can't let these comments pass without pointing out that this is a great post Steish.
BankieBear, on 15 Feb 2015 - 01:55, said:
Whoever the c**t that reffed the clydebank shettleston game today. Also reffed the clydebank Arthurlie game. Chubby wee w****r that was absolutely fucking diabolical
Markka, on 15 Feb 2015 - 02:07, said:
Calum Haswell. Not a ref with a great reputation down Ayrshire way!
Westender79, on 16 Feb 2015 - 13:07, said:
Callum Haswell - just dreadful.
inthebackground, on 16 Apr 2015 - 19:14, said:
I don't wanna comment on this cause people will disagree with me I just want to say one thing the standard of refs I've seen is shocking and this boy was the worst I've seen
inthebackground, on 16 Apr 2015 - 20:53, said:
So why book a player for foul language but then send the keeper off for foul language not right . Also booked a Largs player for running after the ball and he and a Vics player tripped over each other but he booked the Largs player for what the ref said was a deliberate trip the boy is clueless
IrvineVicsMan, on 24 Jul 2014 - 13:11, said:
As long as we don't get Calum Haswell this season I'll be happy.
Irvine herald article vics v ardeer
McMillan refused to be drawn on the performance of referee Calum Haswell who left both sets of fans enraged with a series of controversial decisions.
Ardeer boss Cook accused the whistler of “losing control of the game”
Numerous examples from the youth development league , google if you want and you will find them of this referee performances.
The Rob Roy manager has been given a 6 game ban , i mean seriously ? Wtf . Anyone with half a brain at this game would tell you it's a totally over the top punishment where it is even questionable what was said and by who . The female assistant right next to the dugout was not consulted in all this incidentally.
On checking a rob roy twitter account i stumbled upon a conversation invovling the management team ( forgot the names ) the female assistant praised the rob roy management team for their conduct at the game and after when things got heated . The whole thing has been dealt with terribly resulting in a manager who has been doing an excellent job missing out on 6 games at a crucial time of the season . If it was my manager i would be livid.
The chap hertha obviously has some kind of relationship with this referee , the shettleston chap got favorable decisions from this referee in two important games clydebank in scottiah and a league match between two promoted sides. Take these gentlemen's comments with a pinch of salt.
I rest my case people can make their own mind up . Good luck to Both Rob Roy and Shettleston this coming season , i hope to take in some games that these team feature in soon.

Aye, but apart from that, good guy to go for a pint with?

Point 1 - The guy isn't a friend of mines at all but like everything else for every bad point raised he's probably had 30 good performances that weren't even noticed as " it were all easy games to referee " :huh: :huh:

Point 2 - Apparently through a workmate of myself The Referee supervisor in this case admitted that it was the hardest game he's ever seen a referee having had to deal with which tells me that the players / managements conduct was extremely challenging - nonetheless the referee got a glowing report from his assessor- hardly the work of a guy who would ever demote him. :huh: :huh: :huh:

Point 3 - The guy went on to officiate at senior level the week after which suggested promotion as opposed to demotion and he will continue to referee in the junior grade as honestly as he possibly can just like every referee .

Not sure how to post quote on this but hope this work.

My final say on this .

Let's look at this properly.
The last match this referee was in charge of was September the 19th , his next JUNIOR game is this Saturday 17th October . 4 weeks he was taken out the firing line by that i mean refereeing a junior football match for 4 weeks.
What he did from that 4th official linesman at sfl2 or wherever was him being taken out the firing line of being in charge of a junior game.

First of all let's not try and be a smart arse (which you labelled me incorrectly last time) the Championship game he was involved in was between 2 of the teams pushing for promotion to the Premiership so a massive step up from a junior game and hardly "out of the firing line"

All the referees are given roughly 5 or 6 weeks notice of the weeks that they'll have a game in the SPFL, so some weeks before he was even appointed to the junior game that you keep bleating on about the SFA will have him scheduled for the Queen of the South v Hibs game, he was never going to get a junior game that week.

So according to white van man 9 people think he's a shit ref, also according to white van man the rob roy management team never said a word out of line that day, aye ok. You for real? None of the players or management team made it a harder game to referee than it should have been? Get back in the real world.

This goes down as one of the better threads in the Junior forum.

At least some people recognise the importance of having match officials in the game, not only from an arbitrary point of view, but remember the referee has a duty of care towards the players too.

Archived