What Stadiums Have You Visited

Sweet Pete

Interesting to read of all the other posters visits and made me think of my own. I am sure I have missed a couple though.

Scottish Premier

Celtic, St Johnstone, Dundee, Kilmarnock, Partick, Motherwell

Championship

Hibs, Morton, Raith, Queen of the South, Dumbarton, Alloa.

League 1

Ayr, Forfar, Brechin, Dunfermline, Albion Rovers, Stenny, Airdrie

League 2

Clyde, QP, East Fife, Montrose, Arbroath, Stirling

Old Grounds

Annfield (Stirling), Firs Park (Shire), Brockville (Falkirk), Love Street (St Mirren), Broomfield (Airdrie), Elm Park (Reading).

England

Arsenal, Tottenham, QPR, Fulham, Charlton, Dulwich Hamlet

Abroad

Hellas Verona, Vitrus Verona, Dukla Prague, Bohemians Praha (at Zizkov's Stadium), Slavia Prague, Budapest Honved, Levadia Tallinn, GAIS (Ullevi, Gothenburg), Innsbruck (Sweden 0 - 2 Russia, Euro 2008).

Interesting to read of all the other posters visits and made me think of my own. I am sure I have missed a couple though.

Scottish Premier

Celtic, St Johnstone, Dundee, Kilmarnock, Partick, Motherwell

Championship

Hibs, Morton, Raith, Queen of the South, Dumbarton, Alloa.

League 1

Ayr, Forfar, Brechin, Dunfermline, Albion Rovers, Stenny, Airdrie

League 2

Clyde, QP, East Fife, Montrose, Arbroath, Stirling

Old Grounds

Annfield (Stirling), Firs Park (Shire), Brockville (Falkirk), Love Street (St Mirren), Broomfield (Airdrie), Elm Park (Reading).

England

Arsenal, Tottenham, QPR, Fulham, Charlton, Dulwich Hamlet

Abroad

Hellas Verona, Vitrus Verona, Dukla Prague, Bohemians Praha (at Zizkov's Stadium), Slavia Prague, Budapest Honved, Levadia Tallinn, GAIS (Ullevi, Gothenburg), Innsbruck (Sweden 0 - 2 Russia, Euro 2008).

Great little ground is Zizkov. I have been twice and even dragged my wife along the first time and to my amazement, she loved it. Home games kick off at 10:15 on a Sunday morning which is great if you over there on a long weekend as it does not dominate your entire day. The match is done and dusted by midday and you are free to do other stuff, like drink their superb beer!!

The berbequed bratwurst at about a quid a go were very good and a beer in the ground was 90p when I was there last season for a mates stag trip. We also paid £2.25 to get in and that included a programme. What's not to like?

Edited by Roker Rover

How do you know how many times you have been to tannadice. I started going to Almondvale when I was 6 years old and wouldn't even remember half the times I've been.

I just estimate it based on the number of seasons. I went to Roker Park between the mid 70's (the odd game) and started going to every game in about 1982-83, so about 13 full seasons at an average of 25 games a season including cup ties is about 325 games, plus reserve matches and the odd games before 1982 I would estimate that at 360-370.

Since we moved to the Stadium of Light, there have been 19 full seasons at about 23 games a season (more PL seasons with less home games), so roughly 440 plus reserve games (less now played at the SOL than at Roker as most are played at Hetton) and the 8 or 9 so far this season will put me on about 480.

Weird to think I have now seen more games at our 'New' ground than the old one.

With away games and other reserve matches etc at other venues, I must have seen well over 1,200 Sunderland games now. There's 1,800 hours or 75 days or nearly 2 and a half months of my life I won't get back!!

I have spent more than 1% of my entire time on the planet watching Sunderland play football.

Next up for me in terms of new grounds is Dunfermline next Saturday followed by Greenock Morton the Friday before Christmas and Dundee on the Saturday. Will also be keeping an eye out for the FA Cup 3rd round draw next week in the hope of Sunderland getting drawn away at one of the places I ain't been yet. I never miss a Sunderland away game now if its a ground I have not previously visited.

PS - I missed Farsely Celtic from my original list as well ;)

Edited by Roker Rover

I know Rab B Nesbit and Jim Kidd and I can confirm they both have a missus.

I was at Peterheid on Saturday which completed all the Scottish 41 for me although I was at their old ground for a Caley game.

It's a bit boring listing them all so I'll just mention the interesting ones.

SPFL - 41 plus Muirton, Love St, Boghead, Kilbowie, Douglas Park, Brockville, Broomfield, Bayview, Annfield, Shawfield, Firs Park.

East Juniors - 31 including demolished grounds at Penicuik, Nitten.

West Juniors - 22 including Baillieston Benburb Peasie.

SLFL - 15 plus City Park and Ettrick Park, Selkirk

EOSL & SOSL - 16

SHFL - 15 including Telford St, Kingsmills, Recreation Park Peterhead.

Islands (Lewis, Shetland, Orkney) - 11

England - 23 including Roker and Highfield Rd.

Spain - CD Tenerife and Barca.

Wales - Wrexham and Cardiff (Ninian Park)

Switzerland - Allmend (Luzern, demolished)

France - Bayeux

N.I. - Linfield, Ards, Ballinamallard

Canada - Kitchener Centennial

Romania - Astra Giurgiu

Netherlands - de Kuip

Also some baseball stadiums which are magnificent but don't count, and many many stadiums where I've sneaked in or blagged in for a photo but no game. Visits to places like Amsterdam ArenA, Allianz, old San Mames and new Wembley.

All in all just about 200 where I've actually seen a game.

Edited by The Mantis

Oh right, never realised they're groundsharing in Ballyclare, that's a fair bit away. Yes it was 1998.

I never got the Internet till late that year, it's a wonder I ever found it :lol:

I'll see if I can rake out a couple of photos I took....

Edited by The Mantis

• 3 weeks later...

Been to around 130 different grounds in various grades, but wonder if anyone can beat this one.

I've seen Bellshill Athletic play at 4 different home grounds, 5 if you count groundsharing. Has anyone seen a team play at more home grounds than this?

Brandon Park

New Brandon Park

Matt Busby Sports Centre

Rockburn Park

And sharing at Vale of Clyde.

Been to around 130 different grounds in various grades, but wonder if anyone can beat this one.

I've seen Bellshill Athletic play at 4 different home grounds, 5 if you count groundsharing. Has anyone seen a team play at more home grounds than this?

Brandon Park

New Brandon Park

Matt Busby Sports Centre

Rockburn Park

I've equalled it, did they use any other "home" parks?

Not me personally as I'm too young but I'm sure there will be plenty of Clyde fans who have watched us play home matches at;

Shawfield

Douglas Park

Firhill

Broadwood

Whatever Alloa's grounds called now

Edited by C. Muir

I've equalled it, did they use any other "home" parks?

They might have done, can't think of any others off the top of my head. They've used Fullarton a few times when they've been in between grounds in Bellshill.

Forgot Clyde had used so many too.

Not me personally as I'm too young but I'm sure there will be plenty of Clyde fans who have watched us play home matches at;

Shawfield

Douglas Park

Firhill

Broadwood

Whatever Alloa's grounds called now

I've seen Clyde at " home " at all except Alloa

Ross. on the opening page claims to have seen Clydebank as the home side at 8 different grounds. Surely can't be topped.

I can beat that with Petershill tbh, but a few of them were for one off games same as the ones he cites for Clydebank. Bellshill's grounds were all for at least a whole season.

Off the top of my head, when Petershill Park was being built we played at the following as home games.

St. Roch's

Ashfield

Maryhill

Cambuslang

Pollok (Scottish Cup replay v Arthurlie)

Cumbernauld (Scottish tie v Newburgh)

Dunipace (Scottish replay v Ballingry Rovers)

and old and new Petershill Parks makes that 9.

Brandon Park

New Brandon Park

Matt Busby Sports Centre

Rockburn Park

I have seen Limerick play at 4 home ground since 1982. Markets Field, Rathbane , Jackman Park , Thomond Park & back now at Markets Field ;