Is it a good idea to keep odd socks?

Fullerene

I never throw away odd socks, but still manage to end up with an enormous pile of them. I genuinely have no idea what happens to them. I recently moved and threw away about a dozen of them - but after four months I already have a couple.

I have complained on numerous occasions to my MP and MSP regarding this, but have yet to receive satisfaction - and I'm beginning to think they're not treating my complaint with the respect it's due.

I do, I wear odd ones as well. God knows why but with my work boots, my right is slacker than my left. Obviously they're cheap, company issue and thus my sock on my right foot always ends up filled with holes (..steady, Throbber!)

So I now take to wearing whatever socks there is available, but only in work. Obvz.

I've got 3 pairs of socks ,only wear them when I'm going to the big city(Bangkok), (trousers, shoes & socks) & also when agent/government come to visit.

Last time I was in the big lights was May to pick up my sister from the airport. Then the other day I had a meeting with local immigration, I could only find 3 socks, all odd. Who the f**k is taking them from me? Where are they?

I've got 3 pairs of socks ,only wear them when I'm going to the big city(Bangkok), (trousers, shoes & socks) & also when agent/government come to visit.

Last time I was in the big lights was May to pick up my sister from the airport. Then the other day I had a meeting with local immigration, I could only find 3 socks, all odd. Who the f**k is taking them from me? Where are they?

"Gimme back my sock, ya goat b*****d."

Fun fact for travellers of the A96 through Keith:

Next to big church (St Rufus), there's a memorial bench between a couple of carved labradors with a pair of odd socks hanging over it. Recently put up as a memorial to the minister there who made a point of wearing odd socks every day prior to his recent death. That'll liven up the trip I'm sure.

Archived