Benefit sanctions

Fide

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Advanced group theory :lol:

Is that not the one where it's kind of like in mathematics and abstract algebra, group theory studies the algebraic structures known as groups. The concept of a group is central to abstract algebra: other well-known algebraic structures, such as rings, fields, and vector spaces, can all be seen as groups endowed with additional operations and axioms. Groups recur throughout mathematics, and the methods of group theory have influenced many parts of algebra. Linear algebraic groups and Lie groups are two branches of group theory that have experienced advances and have become subject areas in their own right.

Various physical systems, such as crystals and the hydrogen atom, may be modelled by symmetry groups. Thus group theory and the closely related representation theory have many important applications in physics, chemistry, and materials science. Group theory is also central to public key cryptography.

One of the most important mathematical achievements of the 20th century[1] was the collaborative effort, taking up more than 10,000 journal pages and mostly published between 1960 and 1980, that culminated in a complete classification of finite simple groups.

Can't be sure though haven't looked into it for a while, that just what I remember off the top of my head.

Is that not the one where it's kind of like in mathematics and abstract algebra, group theory studies the algebraic structures known as groups. The concept of a group is central to abstract algebra: other well-known algebraic structures, such as rings, fields, and vector spaces, can all be seen as groups endowed with additional operations and axioms. Groups recur throughout mathematics, and the methods of group theory have influenced many parts of algebra. Linear algebraic groups and Lie groups are two branches of group theory that have experienced advances and have become subject areas in their own right.

Various physical systems, such as crystals and the hydrogen atom, may be modelled by symmetry groups. Thus group theory and the closely related representation theory have many important applications in physics, chemistry, and materials science. Group theory is also central to public key cryptography.

One of the most important mathematical achievements of the 20th century[1] was the collaborative effort, taking up more than 10,000 journal pages and mostly published between 1960 and 1980, that culminated in a complete classification of finite simple groups.

Can't be sure though haven't looked into it for a while, that just what I remember off the top of my head.

Correct, however the idea that Oaksoft knows anything about it is laughable

Correct, however the idea that Oaksoft knows anything about it is laughable

How weird. I greenie Thundercats and agree with you in the same week.

Has there been a rip in the fabric of space and time?

Oaksoft, bringing the world together. Admittedly through his cuntishness, but still. :lol:

Maybe that's the solution to ISIS.

Send Oaksoft over in a Jim Murphy-esque diplomatic role. Everyone will lay down arms and declare uniltaeral and permanent peace within hours just to get rid of the fucker.

:lol:

I wonder why this issue enrages oaksoft so much when it's such an incredibly insignificant thing. It's almost as if he's massively bought in to laughably transparent propaganda that victimizes some of the most vulnerable people and has made them a huge target to distract from the actual issues and problems. He sounds like the kind of guy who, were he a German citizen during a certain period, would have genuinely believed all the propaganda about Jewish people.

I also wonder he thinks every single person should share his ethos that work is the only thing that seemingly matters despite the fact that many folk would never work again if they could afford it. Why should people have to work? Why should someone have to spend most of their wages (after rent and utilities) on getting to and from work? Just what is the point in that? Aren't we free to live our own lives? Or has he once again bought in to the propaganda. I only work because I prefer it to living on the streets and so I can afford to have some beers and go the football every so often. Were I to win the lottery this weekend, I'd never work again.

If someone wants to sit around on their arse and do nothing for pennies, I don't care don't begrudge a penny of my tax towards them. Seems a pretty shit way to live (and having been on JSA myself, it's not fun) but it harms no one.

The Stephen Hawking comment is tremendous. I wonder what type of job he expects someone with the same condition Hawking has to do?

You are not in a position to know. You don't cover it at undergraduate level.

You may well get some basic or intermediate Group Theory but you'll certainly not be getting anything particularly advanced.

You will THINK you are but that is your problem not mine.

I'll quite openly admit that I know almost nothing about group theory due to module choice. My work is mainly concerned with vector calculus and differential equations as well as applications of mathematics such as advanced probability theory, financial applications, financial economics and mathematical biology.

Where did I say you had to work?

You don't have to work.

But don't expect me or anyone else to subsidise your lifestyle.

You should write a blog about why you think people should be allowed to have their entire lives subsidised by hard working tax payers.

Go on. Have the balls to get that published online, invite comments and see how it goes.

You'll at least get the answer to your question in bold above.

Good luck.

Interesting. Not sure where I said folk should subsidise that lifestyle. I did say I have no issue with it (although I'm guessing you're thinking that this involved huge flat screen TVs and getting pished all the time and other stereotypes).

Also not sure why writing a blog saying that people should have THEIR ENTIRE LIVES (nothing like a bit of hyperbole) subsidised would take 'balls'.

What answers would be provided to support the view that work is the only thing that matters?

I was pretty sure you didn't but I don't really care TBH.

You're probably not the best person to comment on others ability in that area then.

Can we agree on that?

I'm also not good at football but I know that Lionel Messi is better than Simon Mensing.

You remembered this off the top of your head?

Exactly as it is written on this webpage?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_theory

Being able to cut and paste word for word directly from Wiki and being able to understand are two completely different things.

A lot of students don't seem to realise this.

When you include a reference in your cut and paste it kind of gives the game away. :lol:

post-41370-1448635280117_thumb.jpg

Many 'normal' (that's pretty telling that you'd use that word) people travel 50 miles to and from work? Yes, I'm sure plenty do.

But it's not the norm for the majority.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/census/2011-census-analysis/distance-travelled-to-work/2011-census-analysis---distance-travelled-to-work.html

What would be the point in travelling such distances for a poorly paid job? Just to say that you have a job?

Archived