Benefit sanctions

Fide

I would happily travel 50 miles if I'm in a well paid job. I have travelled further than that in the past, and it's just something you have to factor in to your budget and time.

I would not travel 50 miles to be paid minimum wage. Travel costs as a percentage of my wage would be ridiculous.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would happily travel 50 miles if I'm in a well paid job. I have travelled further than that in the past, and it's just something you have to factor in to your budget and time.

I would not travel 50 miles to be paid minimum wage. Travel costs as a percentage of my wage would be ridiculous.

SCROUNGER! POISON! BURNT AT THE STAKE!

Quite an interesting debate.

Don't disagree that the concept that welfare should be an acceptable one is wrong.

But a lot could be solved by having employers pay staff a decent salary rather than a pittance whilst paying directors 200 k bonuses and making sure shareholders get a 10p dividend.

There's loads of money sloshing about the UK. Sadly it all goes into the back pockets of Gideon's chums and their accountant's.

1. We're in agreement over this presumably.

2. It's not just £73 in total per week though is it? Have you included every single other benefit in that such as housing benefit? Child benefit? Do they get council tax rebates? Any other forms of support? Working people have to include all these things but you are omitting them from unemployed. Why? To make their situation sound worse than it is to win an online argument? What's the point of that?

3. This isn't just about saving money. You are focussing on money which is why you are not understanding public anger about welfare claimants. It's about breaking a cycle of dependency. Another poster is on here claiming he has the right to give up work and has the right to expect his subsequent lifestyle to be fully funded by taxpayers. He is a long way from being alone. You can't have it both ways.

4. Again I'll make the point that if you're going to chuck childish abuse then you're unlikely to be answering my point. My level of intelligence is absolutely fine. Now deal with the point. What is currently happening clearly isn't working and will need tweaked. Not enough people on JSA are prepared to do what it takes to sort themselves out.

5. Your answer here is the nub of the problem. Can't be arsed with a commute of 50 miles for a job. Too much effort. This is the poisonous attitude which needs sorted out. FFS it's 50 miles. Many normal people do that twice a day.

6. Again you are focussing on the money aspect of it and totally missing the point. You need to calm down, understand what others are talking about and deal with the issue being raised rather than looking for the awesome smackdown.

Your summary highlights the same problem in your thinking. It's not just about the money.

1. Yes, I'm sure we'd all agree to a fair and decent minimum wage.

2. You stated that benefits were a "lifestyle choice" based on nil evidence. My standpoint is based on three years of actual experience in this field. You are simply regurgitating IDS's pish and right wing newspaper cliches.

3. OK, so in a time of "austerity" you'd be happy for the Welfare Budget to be hugely increased to incorporate changes which would overly complicate the benefit system, and add a nice wee dose of humiliation to benefit claimants.

4. Your use of Stephen Hawking to make a point was ridiculous and rightly derided. Your initial post on the matter demonstrated ignorance as regards to the processes both JSA and ESA claimants go through when job-seeking or taking part in work-related activity. JSA claimants who don't meet their requirements are sanctioned. There are a high number of sanctions because the requirements are usually difficult to meet, not helped by blatant inconsistencies across JCP offices.

5. "Poisonous Attitude" :lol: - People, where reasonable should be expected to travel to a job. It is not reasonable to expect someone to expend more than half their wages on public transport to get to a pish low wage job 50 miles away.

6. I don't need to look particularly hard for "the awesome smackdown". You pretty much walk into them on your own. The simple fact of the matter is that I have both far, far greater knowledge and experience in this area than you, which has been amply demonstrated in our respective posts. I have absolutely no interest in your bizarre fantasy in which you appear to think you're the lead in "A Beautiful Mind". Perhaps if you weren't dividing your time between that, and unrequited violent sexual fantasies about your female boss who is no doubt half your age, you might actually find a way to advance from your soul-destroying, menial job.

Good luck.

1. Yes, I'm sure we'd all agree to a fair and decent minimum wage.

2. You stated that benefits were a "lifestyle choice" based on nil evidence. My standpoint is based on three years of actual experience in this field. You are simply regurgitating IDS's pish and right wing newspaper cliches.

3. OK, so in a time of "austerity" you'd be happy for the Welfare Budget to be hugely increased to incorporate changes which would overly complicate the benefit system, and add a nice wee dose of humiliation to benefit claimants.

4. Your use of Stephen Hawking to make a point was ridiculous and rightly derided. Your initial post on the matter demonstrated ignorance as regards to the processes both JSA and ESA claimants go through when job-seeking or taking part in work-related activity. JSA claimants who don't meet their requirements are sanctioned. There are a high number of sanctions because the requirements are usually difficult to meet, not helped by blatant inconsistencies across JCP offices.

5. "Poisonous Attitude" :lol: - People, where reasonable should be expected to travel to a job. It is not reasonable to expect someone to expend more than half their wages on public transport to get to a pish low wage job 50 miles away.

6. I don't need to look particularly hard for "the awesome smackdown". You pretty much walk into them on your own. The simple fact of the matter is that I have both far, far greater knowledge and experience in this area than you, which has been amply demonstrated in our respective posts. I have absolutely no interest in your bizarre fantasy in which you appear to think you're the lead in "A Beautiful Mind". Perhaps if you weren't dividing your time between that, and unrequited violent sexual fantasies about your female boss who is no doubt half your age, you might actually find a way to advance from your soul-destroying, menial job.

Good luck.

:lol:

I used Stephen Hawking because he is a shining example of what society is capable of doing for people with this level of infirmity. It's nothing to do with his intelligence FFS.

You and others want to condemn people like this to benefits hell whilst others are swanning around with £2k a month in a benefits subsidised lifestyle. That is disgraceful and sickening.

...and not fucking true.

Literally anything that requires a computer.

We have technology to help people like this live more fulfilling lives than the vision of benefits until death hell you seem to want to condemn them to.

The main barrier is that we have several generations of lazy c***s with entitlement complexes in the queue in front of them scrambling for benefits they neither need nor deserve and using up all the money.

How does it feel to be taking benefits when others in genuine need could use them?

Seriously, how the f**k do these people sleep at night?

I used Stephen Hawking because he is a shining example of what society is capable of doing for people with this level of infirmity. It's nothing to do with his intelligence FFS.

You and others want to condemn people like this to benefits hell whilst others are swanning around with £2k a month in a benefits subsidised lifestyle. That is disgraceful and sickening.

Taking all the money ? 5% of social security spent on unemployed people at the very most. Oaksoft havering shite as usual. I'm enjoying the little right wing twist in the oaksoft cuntiness.... Keep it up, very entertaining.

Literally anything that requires a computer.

We have technology to help people like this live more fulfilling lives than the vision of benefits until death hell you seem to want to condemn them to.

The main barrier is that we have several generations of lazy c***s with entitlement complexes in the queue in front of them scrambling for benefits they neither need nor deserve and using up all the money.

How does it feel to be taking benefits when others in genuine need could use them?

Seriously, how the f**k do these people sleep at night?

But seriously;

Yet another thread in which Oaksoft is reduced to a frothing, shambling mess.

I get some good job satisfaction in helping people claim what they're entitled to. That this infuriates right wing sociopathic simpletons such as Oafsoft is a nice little bonus.

Still pushing the 'Stephen Hawking arguement'. Outstanding

Yup

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just to explore this ridiculous Hawking angle a bit further.

Are you claiming everyone with ALS can get a job working with computers?

Doesn't that presuppose they all have aptitude in that sphere and can find a company who will spend the money creating a working environment entirely around their restrictions.

That's insane.

Archived