Should Strachan Go?

DeeTillEhDeh

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
f**k sake. Strachan should go because he didn't win points against the world champions.

What a ridiculous argument.

And lost in Georgia and failed to beat Poland, thus placing even third place beyond us with a game remaining.

If you're happy with it though, then that's nice.

And lost in Georgia and failed to beat Poland, thus placing even third place beyond us with a game remaining.If you're happy with it though, then that's nice.

Of course I'm not happy, but I realise that changing the manager does not automatically bring improvements. Scotland fans know this more than any fans.

That was a very mixed campaign. I was very disappointed with the team's performance / result once. Just once.

I was proud of the performance / result in at least 3 games (including Thursday night - as crushing as the ending was).

Mixed campaign, tough circumstances with Ireland getting 4 off Germany. Strachan deserves another shot.

Of course I'm not happy, but I realise that changing the manager does not automatically bring improvements. Scotland fans know this more than any fans.

That was a very mixed campaign. I was very disappointed with the team's performance / result once. Just once.

I was proud of the performance / result in at least 3 games (including Thursday night - as crushing as the ending was).

Mixed campaign, tough circumstances with Ireland getting 4 off Germany. Strachan deserves another shot.

Of course, changing doesn't bring automatic improvement, but I'd suggest that not changing is far less likely to.

Proud of performance 3 times?

Easier pleased than me.

Of course, changing doesn't bring automatic improvement, but I'd suggest that not changing is far less likely to.Proud of performance 3 times?Easier pleased than me.

Really? Germany away, Poland away and Ireland at home were great performances.

Of course, changing doesn't bring automatic improvement, but I'd suggest that not changing is far less likely to.Proud of performance 3 times?Easier pleased than me.

I'd suggest you have unrealistic expectations for this group of players.

Michael O'Neil hardly lit the place up in his first campaign or two with northern ireland. Plenty of managers show gradual and steady improvement, or sometimes even significant improvement.

Can I ask, we're you someone who wanted Craig brown, berti vogts, George Burley, and Craig levein sacked too?

Would give GS more time though the stats say he's no better than Levein. He needs to lose some of the driftwood though. The Fletchers, Hutton and Forrest for a start. Brown and Mulgrew need some rest/ bench time/ kick up the erse.

Of course. Giving both Vogts and Levein the start of a second campaign, served to prolong our tournament exile.

So do you just keep thinking we keep getting the wrong man in? For almost 20 years - one decent campaign and even that ended in failure.

So do you just keep thinking we keep getting the wrong man in? For almost 20 years - one decent campaign and even that ended in failure.

I think a succession of managers have failed to get us to punch at or above our limited weight for a long time now. The two in that period who have done better, were tempted away by clubs.

We beat them head to head. The difference was the 4 points they got from the best team in the world. You've got to tip your hat to O'Neil and the irish for those two games but you can't describe them as anything other than freak results.

Who the f**k is saying that Strachan is a prophet? Most sensible Scotland fans think we are limited as a squad and he is probably getting the most out of them (with the odd frustrating performance like Georgia away - and every Scotland manager ever gets the odd game like that).

On balance most fans think he deserves another campaign to see if he can eek out a qualification.

I don't think you're seeing this. Looking at a table at the end (or in.our case, when everyone else still has important games to play) serves as a guide to how it all mapped out.....beating Ireland is only one step of that. The idea that defeating a suposed 'equal' team is an end in itself is precisely the reason persistent and increasingly explicit failures are now met with expectation than dread. Go and gloat to any plastic paddy about our results, im sure if you ask nicely he'll send you a postcard from the Cote d'Azur or Champs-Elysees in the summer.

Archived