Forfar Athletic v Ayr United

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some hit for Forfar's second. Don't think Devlin was actually making a tackle, catches the boy quite high though, I would call it clumsy. Looking for the referee to show some common sense and understanding in those situations but you rarely get that at this level.

Some hit for Forfar's second. Don't think Devlin was actually making a tackle, catches the boy quite high though, I would call it clumsy. Looking for the referee to show some common sense and understanding in those situations but you rarely get that at this level.

We've had red cards this season for far softer challenges than that so not surprised it was given.

Looks like there is zero intent to take the man out. Obviously he has caught the guy but there's no malice in it. Can it be appealed?

Great second from Forfar as well, some hit.

Intent has nothing to do with it. If it's dangerous then it's a red.

While a still image doesn't quite comprehend a challenge that's a fairly blatant red, he's late, studs up and above the knee, not all bad challenges are malicious, some are just woefully incompetent and that was one.

post-13347-14451225791451_thumb.jpg

Seemed to spur Ayr on though because they could've won the game easily with the chances they had!

Draw was probably a fair result in the end - and a good point for us in the circumstances - but we did have a number of chances to win it.

The first Forfar goal was poor defending from a set piece, a common failing from us this season unfortunately, and the second a long range effort, maybe 35 yards from the Forfar left-back. Great hit but Fleming could have done a little better and generally was a bit shaky.

McCall made a double substitution at half time, Adams and Forest replaced by Crawford and Caldwell as we switched to a more regimented 442 and we were much better.

The first Ayr goal was a little fortunate as Rab Douglas juggled Graham's header over the line, and he probably should have done better with the equaliser too. Caldwell was excellent when he came on, as was Donald who set up the second. Preston was getting nothing from the ref and McCall made the right call taking him off. Special mention to Gilmour who played down the whole right hand side on his own after Devlin was sent off and was excellent.

Last comment for the ref, Ryan Milne. First time in charge of an Ayr match as far as I can recall and was simply dreadful. A real 'look at me' type in the mould of Andrew Dallas. Not doubt he'll go far. Devlin was never going to get the benefit of the doubt, although I'd like to see the incident again. It was awkward at best from Nicky, who let's face it does lose the heid on occasion.

All in all an entertaining encounter. Forfar did well enough considering the were without both first choice centre-backs after Travis went off.

cant argue with that. A fair assessment.

While a still image doesn't quite comprehend a challenge that's a fairly blatant red, he's late, studs up and above the knee, not all bad challenges are malicious, some are just woefully incompetent and that was one.

1445122708147.jpg

Seemed to spur Ayr on though because they could've won the game easily with the chances they had!

Can't really argue with that to be fair. Also seemed to be asleep at the first goal which is unlike him.

On seeing the highlights the red card was very much a red, I concede there was no malice but it was dangerous. I was behind the Ayr goal and it didn't look as bad as the video showed which would be a similar view to the ref's. Easy decision for the, frankly, poor ref. he got that one correct but didn't have a good game otherwise.

Happy with a point, still hopeful the Loons will be top four, Ayr are definite contenders, would be happier they won the division, if we don't, than the whinging divers from Fife.

Happy Reading kitty boy re gilmour. He's right up for it this season. Hopefully some fans will just swallow their pride admit they called it wrong and get right behind the lad. When I've seen him this season everything goes through him. I think he's dead important

Happy Reading kitty boy re gilmour. He's right up for it this season. Hopefully some fans will just swallow their pride admit they called it wrong and get right behind the lad. When I've seen him this season everything goes through him. I think he's dead important

There is no swallowing pride or getting it wrong, Gilmour was crap for a number of months and I don't think you would find many fans who would have said otherwise.

I also don't think any fans will be gutted that he has improved as a footballer week by week this season and most would have been behind him to do well since he signed

You mean the referee shouldn't apply the laws correctly because you feel sorry for Devlin being incompetent?

No wonder refs have an impossible job.

Guest bernardblack

Which one? Badly at fault for both Ayr goals. Given he hadn't even played a practise match should he have played?

Really didn't expect him to play yesterday. Some hit by Yano.....to be fair he's been due a belter

Archived