Forfar Athletic v Ayr United

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what Dick's policy is this season. Both Denholm and Dunlop were playing U20s on Tuesday night after their injuries but Sanny and Rab both walk into 1st team (like Swanks and TOB previously) after time out injured. Be interesting to see which route Young is put down - 20s for match sharpness or 1st team cos he's a senior player.

Depends what the injuries were, Its not as if any of them have been out long term so they should be reasonably fit. I don't think Rab or Sanny would have gained any extra sharpness from playing in a 20s game at the stage of their careers.

I probably would have stuck with Gallacher but he hasn't really filled me with confidence either.

Refreshing honesty from Dick in his post-match comments. Said the ref "lost it for 20 mins" and "if you're being sent off for that, they'll start sending you off in the warm up".

It was one of those that looked so much worse than it was. When you watch it back, Devlin's eyes are never off the ball. Not sure how that can be deemed malicious.

Refreshing honesty from Dick in his post-match comments. Said the ref "lost it for 20 mins" and "if you're being sent off for that, they'll start sending you off in the warm up".

It was one of those that looked so much worse than it was. When you watch it back, Devlin's eyes are never off the ball. Not sure how that can be deemed malicious.

It's not deemed malicious, it's deemed reckless.

That's an awful challenge, I don't think anyone has said he went out to hurt the player but he did. Straight red.

It's pretty incredible how blinded/biased fans can get, not a dig at you because everyone's done it, just allot more obvious when it's someone else rather than myself doing it!

post-13347-14452878227086_thumb.jpg

To be fair he's going for the ball, and I dont think he even knows the forfar player is there, he's just swung for the ball and they've got to it before he does and he catches him on the knee. Its probably a red, but definitely reckless rather than malicious.

Pretty much agree with this one but not sure how it can be deemed reckless if he wasn't aware of the other player. He's just stretched for a ball slightly out of reach.

Pretty much agree with this one but not sure how it can be deemed reckless if he wasn't aware of the other player. He's just stretched for a ball slightly out of reach.

You've answered your own question.

It's reckless because he wasn't aware of the other player and he had his foot up.

There's a pdf link within this link that outline's Fifa's latest guidelines for refs on red cards. The red card on Saturday seems to fall into two contradictory categories. A tackle that endangers an opponent is a red card yet a careless tackle is not even a caution. Reckless tackles are a yellow card. By Fifa's own rules, Ayr's red on Saturday could be anything from no card to a red card. All a bit vague and open to interpretation. There was no red in the tackle that resulted in a double leg break for our captain yet it looked reckless and caused injury (making it an automatic red).

Guest honestrae95

Thank you to Shandon for explaining the term 'reckless'. Beat me to it.

The tackle is a clear sending off. If it is successfully appealed, then I will be very shocked.

Archived