East Fife v Stirling Albion

rhliston

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cup Replay is on Tuesday night and hopefully our strikers manage to get the ball into the net for this game. Can`t for the love of me see another game like the one we had on Saturday with the Shire. Our recent League and Cup games against East Fife have been tight affairs with not much between both sides.

Expect it will be a low scoring game with one goal separating the teams at the end but I would not rule out extra time and penalties to decide this one.

If that happens hope we don`t get a repeat of the Hurlford game when it looked like it would go on all night ! :P

Prediction Albion 1 East Fife 0 Home field advantage to swing it Albion`s way.

I am convinced football will win on Tuesday night. Forthbank pitch was in immaculate condition on saturday. I'd give EF this tie if we could win next three league games. Second thoughts hope we hump them and send out signals to rest of league.

I honestly think it'll be a good game tonight, sadly I expect to see a poor turn out of punters. I can't make it myself, by the time I get home from work the game will just be about starting.

It's really about time the SFA scrapped the replay rule and just took the original tie to Extra Time and Penalties, it's such an inconvenience for clubs to have another game added to their schedule and, without knowing the exact details, I would hazard a guess that it's never really benefitting either team financially.

I have no idea how the game is going to go, we've done well over the last month or so and have drawn against East Fife twice during this time. East Fife fans may look at the 0-0 draw with The Shire and think "we should be beating this mob" but the score line doesn't tell the true story and on another day, it could of been comfortable before Half Time.

With Cumbernauld Colts awaiting the winner of this tie, it should really be an big incentive to both sides to win this tie. I have already seen Cumbernauld this season and don't see them pulling off a cup upset against either side.

Just phoned Stirling Albion at 5 30 guy couldn't tell me if game would be on or not. He said they were waiting for ref but very foggy. Now with the game starting at 7 30 how are we meant to get from Methil to Stirling in terrible driving conditions if no one knows if game is definently on 2 hours before kick off. Just another story of poor treatment for fans.

Archived