North Glasgow Express v Brogan and her Section A pals.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Osman will be a big miss for us,I would think Welsh and Bannigan will be in midfield with Lawless Muirhead/Stevo and Amoo. Looks like Mackinnon is suspended for the Accies. A repeat of the 5-0 game at Firhill last season will do nicely,

Bollocks forgot about Abdul's suspension. On the upside it means Bannigan will be returned to his natural position and we'll actually see an attacking midfielder on the left.

Did Muirhead play on Saturday and if so how was he?

He didn't play. Think we only made 2 subs. Shame Osman is out as it probably means Bannigan needs to drop back, he's been playing well in a more advanced role. Edwards, Stevo, Muirhead and Fraser (if he's fit) can all step in though. Also means Welsh will probably play again, we're as well playing with 10 men with him in the team. He's been awful but somehow we're winning so can't complain too much.

Why'd you have to mention that? :(

I think one of the players was quoted saying it pre season which already fucked it for us. We'll probably get a day out at Hampden before we reach top six, around 2028 by my reckoning.

No, not sure, but I think there is a difference between the two. Maybe a straight red is a two game ban or something similar.

On a completely unrelated note: Muirhead. What do we do with him seeing as United are down in our half of the league? Use him and give him game time and potentially hand him back in January in time to help United up the league, or would we want to make the move permanent if Mixu doesn't want him, or do we leave him on the bench as much as possible, so he doesn't return in January match fit??

No, not sure, but I think there is a difference between the two. Maybe a straight red is a two game ban or something similar.

On a completely unrelated note: Muirhead. What do we do with him seeing as United are down in our half of the league? Use him and give him game time and potentially hand him back in January in time to help United up the league, or would we want to make the move permanent if Mixu doesn't want him, or do we leave him on the bench as much as possible, so he doesn't return in January match fit??

Use him to help you pull away from the dabs then get someone to break his legs in his final training session.

At the start of the season I thought Canning was going to carry Accies safety into the Championship this season tbh.

It just shows you that if you throw enough money at a team they can win games.

No chance we could get him permenantly, they spent 150k to get him in January. Best we could do is get him on loan again, but likely they'll want him back. We should do what St Mirren did with Mcginn and 'accidentally' spear him and keep him out for a few months.

Always hate going to Thistle. The two games since we won 2-1 have been nothing short of abysmal and it always seems so soulless (obviously hypocritical coming from someone who spends every second week at NDP). Doesn't help that we were there 3 times last season too.

As for the game I'd imagine Docherty will come in for MacKinnon but I can't see us making any other changes (when did we last do so other than switching those two about?). It won't be another 5-0 humping but we've only won 4 away games in 2015, losing the rest other than a 1-1 draw at Dundee, so my hopes aren't high of a win.

Big opportunity to put a decent gap between ourselves and United seeing that they have Celtic at the weekend.

In Osman's absence, you'd imagine it'll be a sitting duo of Bannigan and Welsh which is good news for me as it sees both return to their best positions, in my opinion. They played together in those roles against Killie and absolutely dominated (for the first half at least which should have seen us out of sight). One has to hope that we'll have the upper hand in terms of possession what with home advantage and I reckon Bannigan and Welsh are better suited to that than any combination featuring Osman.

Interesting to see whether Dumbuya comes back in for Miller who was impressive by most accounts on Saturday and who comes in for Osman - couple of options, most obvious to me would be Muirhead in on the left with Bannigan dropping back.

Is Osman definitely out? I thought the rule was different for two yellows than it is for a straight red.

We could have appealed if it were a straight red and possibly have had him available provided the hearing hadn't been this week. Since it was two yellows, we can't thus he has to serve the suspension immediately.

Archived