Celtic v Aberdeen 31-10-15

Also, for someone that apparently doesn't want to compare things to the past, "a bit shitter than we are now" is a fun one. You're utterly desperate to make this out to be like it was under McGhee.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Aberdeen will get a draw on Saturday. Celtic aren't all that (ignore the 5-0 over Dundee United, they're terrible) while Aberdeen may be in a bad patch but it's only a few weeks ago they were playing some great stuff.

Hearts away in midweek might take something out of Celtic too, in the same way it clearly did to Aberdeen before they lost at Hibs.

1-1 I reckon.

Edit: apologies, just saw Willie Collum is the referee. Considine to be sent off, Celtic to get a penalty, 3-0 to the home side, Celtic fans fo complain that Collum and all Scotland's refs are out to get them.

As disappointing as the last few games have been, I cant say I thought the players were not trying. Its application that's been the problem, not effort.

I have been feeling optimistic this week, the rot was stopped on Saturday and this weekend is a free hit. Pressure is off and we are more than capable of getting something off this expensively put together shambles.

Delia just on TV saying he is delighted with the intensity of training that resulted in Ciftci assaulting a teammate and causing an injury that required stitches. What an absolute bam.

2-1 Aberdeen. Take care all Dons fans travelling, I have a new job and canna go.

A comfortable Celtic win with Aberdeen playing 5 at the back and parking the bus. Can't wait to see this diddy club get put back in their place again.

Hopefully Shay Logan gets constantly booed to really rub it in and send the sheep inty meltdown.

I see after selling out we're now back to selling tickets for this.

Must be some top fans handing tickets back at the thought of maybe getting beat on Saturday. Get a grip anyone who is bailing out for that reason.

This has been a proper test of our a character as a team and a club, at the moment players and some fans alike are failing that test. Confidence is low but f**k me we still won 8 games in a row and broke our duck against Celtic, believe it or not that was only about a month ago.

COYR

I'm expecting to see a big response from the boys this week. There'll be no illusions that Celtic will be massively up for this so we will be too.

Can see us having our best performance since the Hearts game purely for the fact that the guys will know that Celtic have players all over the park capable of causing us problems and there's, in theory, less chance of players not applying themselves fully.

I don't see a lack of effort. I see a team going through the motions who, after a fantastic run, have come unstuck and need to realise that they still have to pull their socks up a bit, get stuck in and do whatever is needed to get a result which is getting the basics right. I see tactical issues sticking out more than effort with some players being played out of position and our set piece positioning/marking where we seem to have 2-3 spare men when 1 would do to ensure we pick all the opposition players up.

I see Alex's comments on Hayes have jumped from the Well thread to here. If the 'sauntering' comment is in reference to just after he sprinted the length of the pitch with the ball on 80+ min and played in Goodwillie then its nonsense. He's just busted a gut to get us up the park at full pace. Those are the moments that other players need to be aware of the situation at the back and ensure we have other players positioned to cope with a counter. Those are moments you need your captain & 'senior' players to appreciate the situation.

Anyway back to the game. We're on a terrible run, no confidence and f**k all up front. The defence is leaking goals and the fans are unhappy. All facts so far. But this game is crucial, the green cheeks will lose points, but to lose them to us would be better and for them a disaster. Celtic are fighting amongst themselves, De-Ly-La, bless his green and white socks, has very little control over his assistant never mind the players (hence the assaults) and for the first time in a long time there is trouble ahead. Hopefully its against the famous. If not, the world will continue spinning, day and night will occur as normal and the seasons will be the same as last year and in the same order, (apart from the effects of Global Warming of course). So lets hope and remain supporters not just fans.

A comfortable Celtic win with Aberdeen playing 5 at the back and parking the bus. Can't wait to see this diddy club get put back in their place again.

Hopefully Shay Logan gets constantly booed to really rub it in and send the sheep inty meltdown.

After a post like that, any chance you can go play with the traffic on the Kingston Bridge mate.

I can't speak for Standfree, but in my experience of P&B most diddies elect not to go to Parkhead because of a combination of (1) Being in or around a corner (2) The stewards being pure evil and (3) the fact that losing is more likely than winning.

Some also remember a previous visit to the east end as a terrifying and scarring experience, not dissimilar to Kevin McAllister going into Central Park at night.

Archived