Hellowe'en Horrors: Thistle vs Hearts

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doolan to start please. Not been impressed at all with Pogba, so let's try giving him the 10-20 minute at the end of the game spell. Welsh needs a spell out of the team. Looked great early in the season, the sort of player we needed, but I think featuring heavily is catching up with him after being out for so long. Give him a few games off before more people turn against him.

We've picked up 7 points in 3 games with him starting, and he's just scored his first goal. I love Doolan but we're doing better having someone up top who's more physical and causes problems for the opposition defence. Doolans a good player but he's very easy to deal with if you're a CB.

Welsh needs a permanent spell out of the club imho. He's finally had a consistent run at the top league and doesn't look up to it.

I thought he looked pretty good early in the season. Fairly composed on the ball and could do the simple things well. He hasn't exactly covered himself in glory recently though, so maybe just the early excitement of being involved again.

We've picked up 7 points in 3 games with him starting, and he's just scored his first goal. I love Doolan but we're doing better having someone up top who's more physical and causes problems for the opposition defence. Doolans a good player but he's very easy to deal with if you're a CB.

Pogba >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Doolan

Doolan has been papped out the team for a reason. He's not a good outlet for a long punt down the park and he wastes some fantastic opportunities.

Yeah, I knew I'd get picked up on that, particularly with him scoring. I've hoped that he just needed a goal, and that he'll pick up, so maybe should give him the Hearts game. I just don't think he offers very much beyond a physical presence, and even then he pales in comparison to Taylor IMO. Taylor's physical presence was allied with a decent bit of pace, and a willingness to absolutely terrorise defenders. Pogba looks slow, not particularly fit, and doesn't have a very good touch a lot of the time.

I totally agree that if you're wanting an outlet, Doolan isn't the one you necessarily want, but I'd still back him to score in situations where Pogba wouldn't. Of course, you have to get into those scoring situations, and if the players behind aren't at it, then neither is going to be particularly successful :(

Pogba rightfully complained about the lack of service he's been getting as it's been a problem all season, I'm sure Dools would agree. In terms of his fitness, he said himself he's not fully fit, but close to it. Agree though his touch was awful at times, hopefully get's better with more game time.

We've not beaten the Jambos at Firhill for a hell of a long time. I'd risk playing Stevo in behind our Guinean Goal Machine. If Cerny is fit he must start so I'd go with the following eleven:

Cerny

Muzzy Lindsay Seabourne Booth

Osman © Bannigan

Amoo Stevo Lawless

Pogba

A tough game where you'd definetly consider a point if offered before the match but we are doing okay and are only 2 points behind our total from this stage last season. We need to do to the Jambos what Accies apparently did to us, and press them from the outset.

jagfox official prediction: Jags 2 Jambos 1

No Ozturk and no Augustyn already and can see another defender being unavailble after the Celtic game tomorrow. I know Robbie has said that they are taking the cups seriously but will be interesting to see who starts in defence.

Hopefully will be leaving Firhill in happier moods than we did last time, 2-0 or 2-1 win

I thought Edwards was decent when he came on against Utd but was too light and bullied off the ball with accies I think it will horses for courses with him but only time will tell he's still young as well he can only get stronger

he can only get stronger

Not if he develops muscular dystrophy.

I think I said this before the game at Tynecastle but part of the reasoning for playing Stevenson would be to provide a bit more physical presence, especially vs Paterson, but then I remembered our midfield in that game was a total clusterfuck with Fraser, Stevenson, and Amoo not really knowing where they were playing and Bannigan and Welsh getting dominated by Gomis and Buaben. Maybe with Osman being back and Pogba being in up front that will provide a bit more solidity.

Am I the only one that thinks Edwards is a good player?

He impressed me in the limited time he got in the Dundee Utd match, but looked nervous vs. Hamilton in the early stages. Grew into the match a little but wasn't particularly impressive (then again who was?). I reckon he'll be good for us.

Archived