Hellowe'en Horrors: Thistle vs Hearts

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have thistle improved much since the match at Tynecastle?

Looking forward to this one, we could potentially go 2nd this weekend with Aberdeen playing Celtic.

Hoping Djoum & Pallardo start.

Well we've won a game since. Two games in fact. I'd say we got a little worse since then, but have certainly got better. Had we not put in an absolute shitemare against Hamilton, I'd say we were much better.

Basing this on nothing more than us playing rather shite last week and [somehow] not losing - I feel hopeful of getting a result in this one.

Then again we got slapped about like a wee hoor at Tynecastle because our midfield and defence just totally collapsed.

Heart [no pun intended] says 2-1 Thistle and head says 1-1 with us scoring a late leveller but not actually looking like going on to win it.

Although a loss seems likely, this is the kind of game we tend to pull off a mental result out of nowhere at Firhill. Ie see Aberdeen couple of seasons back or absolutely shafting St Johnstone last season.

Should be a routine win for the men from the capital.

We should always look to win games against the footballing backwaters like Partick.

3-0

Our win rate away to Partick Thistle is 28.8%

Partick Thistle have a better record against us than Hibernian in all competitive competitions.

Partick Thistle have 32.7% wins (Hearts 43.4% wins)

Hibs have 27.9% wins (Hearts 43.6% wins)

Scully deserves his chance to show us all that he's not good enough before being punted to some dross like Dunfermline or Ayr.

In all seriousness, the only times I've seen him play he wasn't really up to it but he might well have improved in his time on loan. Hope to f**k he's at least as good as Scott Fox or it could get embarrassing over the next few weeks.

Obviously I'd rather have Cerny but this should at least give us a chance to see if the 2 years in Fife have improved Scully, very much a sink or swim scenario. He turned 23 today which is obviously still young, especially in goalkeeping terms, but he needs to establish himself as first choice somewhere soon, next 4-6 weeks will perhaps tell whether it's at this level or in league 1.

Scully had a quality match years ago, then went the complete other way in the 5-4 vs. Queen's Park. Highly rated at Dunfermline but still looked a bit nervous to me on Saturday. Came charging for a ball he was never going to get.

Good luck to him though. Would definitely give him a start over Gallacher.

Archived