The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

I see that PoppyScotland have outdone even their English counterparts in cheap and nasty grandstanding by unveiling a new range of Scottish football club poppies. For £3 you can both display your poppy fascism and win a grief off with an opposition fan in one classy piece of tat!

The centenary of the war ending is next month - after that, this charade should be filed safely in the bin where it belongs for good.

Edited by vikingTON

I see that PoppyScotland have outdone even their English counterparts in cheap and nasty grandstanding by unveiling a new range of Scottish football club poppies. For £3 you can both display your poppy fascism and win a grief off with an opposition fan in one classy piece of tat!

The centenary of the war ending is next month - after that, this charade should be safely in the bin where it belongs for good.
Just went on the website for a look. Gads min.

6 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I’m going to a wedding on 11/11. No sure wether to wear a normal buttonhole or a massive poppy just to show my respeck

Well as the wedding is going a head I assume that everyone will be expected to be turned out as thus 

1D2C868C-3203-4F06-B959-724A67CB5D8A.jpeg

Well as the wedding is going a head I assume that everyone will be expected to be turned out as thus 
1D2C868C-3203-4F06-B959-724A67CB5D8A.thumb.jpeg.bb085711810808729993e06c2ad812cd.jpeg

Think so. “Can a hire the giant poppy jacket and the highland Hebridean kilt please?”

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

Think so. “Can a hire the giant poppy jacket and the highland Hebridean kilt please?”

Perfect - if the bride is in white tut loudly as she passes you down the aisle and nudge your neighbour and tell them that young un’s just don’t know respect.

On 05/10/2018 at 22:23, Miguel Sanchez said:

https://www.poppyscotlandstore.com/poppyscotland-home-gifts/poppyscotland-charity-pin-badges.html?cat=186

Definitely missing out on some of the market share here as far as fans of Scottish football clubs go, but I can't quite think which one could be added. 

You need to be careful not to p***k yourself with one of those pin badges. It may end up getting bloostained. 

On 04/10/2018 at 16:56, DA Baracus said:

You have to wonder where folk get this shit and why they believe it*. The Poppy industry must be huge, and they sell the fuckers everywhere,

I have absolutely no problem in stating that the 'Poppy Industry' has become mawkish and, frankly, embarrassing and 'it' needs to take a good look at itself.  I've donated a few bob to the British Legion over a few years and this month have received  in the post 1. A small wooden cross and 2. A large cut-out card with a poppy in it.  Both asked me to return both the cross and the cardboard poppy with the name of my loved-one in it so they could add it to some sort of memorial.  Oh and asked for a considerable donation - naturally.

Absolute shite.  My grandfather served in Flanders in 1915-1917 and, after the first war, did the right thing and joined the peace-keeping force, pejoratively called The Black and Tans, to help stop the brain-dead South Irish kicking the shite out of each other.

I am all for respecting our troops.  I am all for people giving to forces' charities but we've turned it not only into an industry but in to some sort of moral crusade and that is absolute bollocks.

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I have absolutely no problem in stating that the 'Poppy Industry' has become mawkish and, frankly, embarrassing and 'it' needs to take a good look at itself.  I've donated a few bob to the British Legion over a few years and this month have received  in the post 1. A small wooden cross and 2. A large cut-out card with a poppy in it.  Both asked me to return both the cross and the cardboard poppy with the name of my loved-one in it so they could add it to some sort of memorial.  Oh and asked for a considerable donation - naturally.

Absolute shite.  My grandfather served in Flanders in 1915-1917 and, after the first war, did the right thing and joined the peace-keeping force, pejoratively called The Black and Tans, to help stop the brain-dead South Irish kicking the shite out of each other.

I am all for respecting our troops.  I am all for people giving to forces' charities but we've turned it not only into an industry but in to some sort of moral crusade and that is absolute bollocks.

We seem to be going down what is perceived to be the American route of idolising our armed forces. Soon we'll be giving them standing ovations when a group of uniformed squaddies/sailors/air force personnell walk into the local KFC, or giving up our seats on public transport for them.

20 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

We seem to be going down what is perceived to be the American route of idolising our armed forces. Soon we'll be giving them standing ovations when a group of uniformed squaddies/sailors/air force personnell walk into the local KFC, or giving up our seats on public transport for them.

You've earned that seat.

images.png

It's not a f*****g Easter egg hunt...

Now you’re talking! Get some poppy chocolate eggs on the go. Lest we for-nom-nom-munch-nom-get.

They died so we could binge eat chocolate. We will remember them while we scoff chocolate.