The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

25 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

In Palace and Leicesters case it was their final home game before remembrance Sunday.

Then they should wait until next season to see if a home game coincides with the supposed day of commemoration then. 

1525828938_wpXTrvfKTCB4(1).gif.d696e6f9e833f01134b5de13e35c5b0f.gif

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Then they should wait until next season to see if a home game coincides with the supposed day of commemoration then. 

1525828938_wpXTrvfKTCB4(1).gif.d696e6f9e833f01134b5de13e35c5b0f.gif

Why would they do that when having it this weekend has left you seething and on the verge of tears?

20 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Why would they do that when having it this weekend has left you seething and on the verge of tears?

I'm pretty sure that Crystal Palace didn't organise their minter display with Scottish football fans in mind - swing and a miss then. 

I'm pretty sure that Crystal Palace didn't organise their minter display with Scottish football fans in mind - swing and a miss then. 

Not fans no, just you & it has worked a charm.

4 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Not fans no, just you & it has worked a charm.

I'm categorically certain that Crystal Palace did not in fact design their minter commemoration to annoy me, but by all means keep digging that idiotic logic hole for yourself. 

I'm categorically certain that Crystal Palace did not in fact design their minter commemoration to annoy me, but by all means keep digging that idiotic logic hole for yourself. 

Why don't you contact them and ask?

It's not enough to be part of a (stupid, meaningless load of pish) 'remembrance' thing; nah, clubs absolutely must have their own or else they clearly have personally shagged the graves of every dead soldier ever, pished on every memorial statue and personally shat all over the beaches of Normandy before jizzing over the Somme and shaving their pubes directly on to Paschendale.

All whilst absolutely seething, like me, and not on the verge of tears but openly weeping tears of fury, like me. I personally cried tears of distilled rage over Captain Tom's grave.

Edited by DA Baracus

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's not enough to be part of a (stupid, meaningless load of pish) 'remembrance' thing; nah, clubs absolutely must have their own or else they clearly have personally shagged the graves of every dead soldier ever, pished on every memorial statue and personally shat all over the beaches of Normandy before jizzing over the Somme and shaving their pubes directly on to Paschendale.

Worse things happen at sea.

11 hours ago, deegee said:

That’s Leicester City kicking off poppy season for professional football. Card display of poppies, last post and ubiquitous wreaths laid by Brendan and Pep.

It is the last home game for Leicester before Remembrance Sunday/ Armistice Day, so presumably that means every club gets to do their poppy thing over next few weeks.

Each to their own, but  I preferred the modest minute’s silence and personal quiet reflection at 11am on Remembrance Sunday than this annual competition.

Absolute bizzare behaviour, England really is an odd country.

I was surprised to see presenters on BBC breakfast wearing poppies this morning. It's October!

It has its place as a means of remembering those who have lost their lives in conflict but also as a reminder that conflict should be avoided where at all possible. I believe that was the original intention and don't know how it's developed into this competitive nationalistic fervour.

7 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

In Palace and Leicesters case it was their final home game before remembrance Sunday.

And?

When did Remembrance Sunday turn into a FOMO event, and why?

I'd happily see the whole charade binned the minute the last surviving Korean War veteran dies tbh. Anyone who lost their life in a war after then did so having actively chosen to join the armed forces.

Time to move on.

Edited by Todd_is_God

57 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I was surprised to see presenters on BBC breakfast wearing poppies this morning. It's October!

It has its place as a means of remembering those who have lost their lives in conflict but also as a reminder that conflict should be avoided where at all possible. I believe that was the original intention and don't know how it's developed into this competitive nationalistic fervour.

Great name for a paedophile.