The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

Can’t be arsed scrolling through 200 odd pages but was it here or another thread where there was pictures of football mascots with stupid grins on their faces and poppys trying to look solemn an respectful but instead just looking rediculous.

More of this please. It was very amusing. 

Edited by Merkie84
Additional info

32 minutes ago, Merkie84 said:

Can’t be arsed scrolling through 200 odd pages but was it here or another thread where there was pictures of football mascots with stupid grins on their faces and poppys trying to look solemn an respectful but instead just looking rediculous.

8 hours ago, Merkie84 said:

The whole poppy season is red - iculous

Edited by Cosmic Joe

To have my wee annual moment of seriousness.....

This year's genuine poignancy comes in the form of All Quiet on the Western Front (available on Netflix). Truly a horrible, harrowing watch.

Once again, watching that gives you a much less than "glorious" idea of what was faced by countless millions of young men in Europe.

How we have turned that into what we have today is point of genuine shame. We should be absolutely embarrassed.

Remembrance has gone from a "never let it happen again" sentiment to a glorification. Probably the best evidence you will get that humans can't and won't change.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

To have my wee annual moment of seriousness.....

This year's genuine poignancy comes in the form of All Quiet on the Western Front (available on Netflix). Truly a horrible, harrowing watch.

Once again, watching that gives you a much less than "glorious" idea of what was faced by countless millions of young men in Europe.

Don't remind me.

On 03/11/2022 at 03:37, Merkie84 said:

Follow mascot minute silence on twitter for all your mascot related minutes silence shenanigans. 

On 31/10/2022 at 14:18, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Interestingly  Orestis "Kio" Kiomourtzoglou is, as far as I know, the first German to play for Hearts 106 years after the battle of the Somme which goes to show that you can only hold a grudge for so long.

Marcel Langer before Kio if I'm not mistaken although he never played much, one day we'll sign a decent german.