Watches

22 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Never heard of them, like the look of that one, nice retro dial, good size as well at 40mm, fair enough price, not keen on quartz though.

They do mechanical watches as well as quartz. My Gagarin Heritage (centre) and my Sputnik Heritage (right) are both manual wind.

On 10/11/2023 at 21:59, greendot said:

Screenshot2023-11-10at21-53-30ZEITWERKMINUTEREPEATER-147_025A.LangeShne.png.7d506816271b012843a317eaecf4bdf9.png

The A Lange & Sohne Zietwerk Minute Repeater with the silver and grey dial.  I just can't fault it for the simplicity of the dial and the design of the layout.  Just absolutely gorgeous.  Just need to find the quarter of a million to afford one!

Traumatised by the continual stream of bad news on the Motherwell thread I was reading back through this one and came across the "Grail Watches" discussion. This one in particular caught my eye because by happy coincidence I'd just been looking at a video featuring the A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Tourbillon, which makes me go all wobbly in a very good way. I've added that video here, not just because of that watch but also because it is perhaps the most dryly funny watch review video I've ever seen, with a few actual laugh-out-loud moments.

Sadly, even if I won the lottery I'd be afraid to actually wear that beauty. However, there are some nice looking tourbillons in the extensive Sugesss range... 😉

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/01/2024 at 16:33, Steve_Wilkos said:

Hi all P&B watch experts, 

image.png.e0c1d5ba2cf95d3525f2d1d779b790ff.png

This Sturmanskie Sputnik has caught my eye. What are people's thoughts? I also like the look of the one with the beiger dial as well.

Kind regards,

Big_Steve

Hi again all. 

Perhaps this is stupidity on my part... I now own this watch, but out of the box it is not moving at all. I have tried playing around with the crown and cannot see any plastic tab to remove or anything like that. 

Any thoughts, gents? Thanks

51 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Hi again all. 

Perhaps this is stupidity on my part... I now own this watch, but out of the box it is not moving at all. I have tried playing around with the crown and cannot see any plastic tab to remove or anything like that. 

Any thoughts, gents? Thanks

Should just be running if it's a quartz, can you adjust the time etc when you pull out the crown?

17 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Yes, I can adjust the time, date and 24h function with the crown. 

Probably a dud battery then, shouldn't happen with a new watch though, would just go to one of the Timpsons booths and get them to change it, they're pretty good, I get the guy in Arbroath, to do bracelet changes etc.

21 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Probably a dud battery then, shouldn't happen with a new watch though, would just go to one of the Timpsons booths and get them to change it, they're pretty good, I get the guy in Arbroath, to do bracelet changes etc

Cheers big man 👍

Picked up this Casio b.n.i.b for £25 from eBay just after Christmas, nice retro look, small at only 36mm but it does not wear small on wrist maybe due to the lug to lug length.

20231103_094605.jpg

20231002_105402.jpg

Edited by Silverton End

57 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Probably a dud battery then, shouldn't happen with a new watch though, would just go to one of the Timpsons booths and get them to change it, they're pretty good, I get the guy in Arbroath, to do bracelet changes etc.

Agree with Biggie.

Was going to wear my quartz Sturmanskie today, but battery appears to be dead. Put my manual wind Gagarin on instead.

20240225_204904.thumb.jpg.4ffad3722c521518e0b9d621bae62ec4.jpg

On 19/01/2024 at 11:37, Doctor Manhattan said:

There are some nice looking tourbillons in the extensive Sugess range.

I tried SO hard to convince myself I didn’t need one, but once again my willpower was found wanting. In the end I went for their Breguet-inspired model with the floating tourbillon, roman numerals, blued hands, and Clous de Paris dial.

I’m glad I did, though, because it’s absolutely stunning and I could watch that tourbillon spin all day long. On a boringly practical note, it seems to be keeping near-perfect time too, if you like that in a watch.

The lighting on my own pictures doesn’t do it justice so I’ve included a snippet from the Sugess promotional video alongside an actual Breguet for comparison.

image.thumb.png.059c6788c8168d486b9e7c9a10d5d89a.png image.gif.bcd2d8e872bbab4798a396351e7c11ba.gif image.png.fe90810e33aafffad4f6032505655fd4.png

2 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

I tried SO hard to convince myself I didn’t need one, but once again my willpower was found wanting. In the end I went for their Breguet-inspired model with the floating tourbillon, roman numerals, blued hands, and Clous de Paris dial.

I’m glad I did, though, because it’s absolutely stunning and I could watch that tourbillon spin all day long. On a boringly practical note, it seems to be keeping near-perfect time too, if you like that in a watch.

The lighting on my own pictures doesn’t do it justice so I’ve included a snippet from the Sugess promotional video alongside an actual Breguet for comparison.

image.thumb.png.059c6788c8168d486b9e7c9a10d5d89a.png image.gif.bcd2d8e872bbab4798a396351e7c11ba.gif image.png.fe90810e33aafffad4f6032505655fd4.png

Absolutely stunning 😍 

On 14/01/2024 at 12:50, Derry Alli said:

I'd never heard of studio underdog and just seen their 01 Desert Sky and it's lovely. It might have to be bought.

There is a restock of all their watches next week 

https://underd0g.com/?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=campaign&_kx=rw-Gle93_Cls0iWxscXGfwc_AfjNL-d_nqiQjXeiFjcuAF8NvV5EKRirrUPh2A0P.XPdgWz

On 12/10/2023 at 20:56, lichtgilphead said:

I see that Jody at Just One More Watch has launched his own brand. I've asked for one for Xmas, even though ot won't be available until next year. I've gone for the white model (8 colours available)

Christmas watch arrived yesterday. Absolutely delighted.

20240228_222512.thumb.jpg.ff7284e007d7557c3a4d5072adf55628.jpg