Can't see this ending well

Rugster

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's nothing that can be added to this thread that hasn't pretty much been covered in the thread in the Politics forum.

She should not be held in a men's prison. She has already faced sexual harassment there in the first 48 hours of her incarceration.

There's nothing that can be added to this thread that hasn't pretty much been covered in the thread in the Politics forum.

She should not be held in a men's prison. She has already faced sexual harassment there in the first 48 hours of her incarceration.

...and she's still to meet the other prisoners.

Sadly, still got man bits = mans prison.

Alternatively, she could have not broken the law and landed up in this predicament

Alternatively, she could have not broken the law and landed up in this predicament

Gender and sex are not the same thing.

Don't be ignorant. Don't be a bigot.

I don't think anyone is suggesting she shouldn't be in prison, just a female prison.

Gender and sex are not the same thing.

Don't be ignorant. Don't be a bigot.

I'm not, I'm looking it at the perspective of:

Someone could claim to be gender confused in order to go to the opposite prison, the authorities would be in a very poor position if they allowed this and something happened. Keeping it as which sex organs you have defines the prison you go to is possibly the safest option at the present moment.

Society is not currently set up to deal with these issues.

But cheers for branding me a bigot before even opening a discussion.

Someone could claim to be gender confused in order to go to the opposite prison, the authorities would be in a very poor position if they allowed this and something happened. Keeping it as which sex organs you have defines the prison you go to is possibly the safest option at the present moment.

She's had surgery and lived her entire adult life as a woman. It's not the same as some con artist saying that they are a woman to get into a cushier nick.

Has it not been reconstructed?

Mental that she's got to go into a men's prison, got to feel sorry for her.

Surely common sense can take over here...

She's had surgery and lived her entire adult life as a woman. It's not the same as some con artist saying that they are a woman to get into a cushier nick.

Has she legally changed from male to female yet?

If not and still has male parts then the court can only do what they can do.

I see she's been moved already

Legally still a man, but aye, she's been moved regardless .

The process of legally changing takes years and years. If she is sufficiently advanced in the process then I don't see an issue with her being placed in a female prison.

1. She has had hormonal treatment and surgery and has been living as a woman for years.

2. She is not "gender confused". She is asserting her right to be a woman. Gender dysphoria is a much earlier stage in the process.

3. Even if a prisoner were at the early stages of gender dysphoria, there should be much more effort made to accommodate them within the prison system. The likelihood of a man pretending to be a woman to go to a women's jail is astonishingly low.

4. Gender and sex are not the same. You have arbitrarily decided that genitalia are a reliable indicator of a prisoner's risk factor including within the prison system's trans community. This is plainly not the case.

5. Treating her as though she is a man based on assumptions arising out of her genitalia is transphobic.

6. There is no evidence whatsoever that birth sex is "the safest option at the present moment".

7. It's not her fault if "society is not currently set up to deal with these issues".

8. Even if that were true, existing prison guidelines are supposed to make exceptions for those at an advanced stage of transition who do not yet have a state-mandated Gender Reassignment Certificate.

So basically, you are a bigot, unless you recognise that she has a perfectly reasonable complaint here. If you want to remain a bigot that's entirely up to you, but a bigot you are.

Christ if Ad Lib and chums see half the posts on this thread they'll have an aneurism.

1. She has had hormonal treatment and surgery and has been living as a woman for years.

2. She is not "gender confused". She is asserting her right to be a woman. Gender dysphoria is a much earlier stage in the process.

3. Even if a prisoner were at the early stages of gender dysphoria, there should be much more effort made to accommodate them within the prison system. The likelihood of a man pretending to be a woman to go to a women's jail is astonishingly low.

4. Gender and sex are not the same. You have arbitrarily decided that genitalia are a reliable indicator of a prisoner's risk factor including within the prison system's trans community. This is plainly not the case.

5. Treating her as though she is a man based on assumptions arising out of her genitalia is transphobic.

6. There is no evidence whatsoever that birth sex is "the safest option at the present moment".

7. It's not her fault if "society is not currently set up to deal with these issues".

8. Even if that were true, existing prison guidelines are supposed to make exceptions for those at an advanced stage of transition who do not yet have a state-mandated Gender Reassignment Certificate.

So basically, you are a bigot, unless you recognise that she has a perfectly reasonable complaint here. If you want to remain a bigot that's entirely up to you, but a bigot you are.

So Fide's pretty much on the ball there then.

I dunno, if I was going to the pokey I'd be doing all I could to end up in Cornton Vale. Imagine the amount of birds desperate for a ride.

It would be like Christmas.

Is that a yay or a nay?

Archived