Queens v Dumbarton

Aye, at least he's trying something different. Can't quite figure it out mind you but looks like Docherty's playing left mid with Waters behind him. Either Brown or Ross on the right? Gibson set up to come off the bench for the winner too...hopefully.

I'd say Waters and Docherty on the left. Then Lindsay and Gal on the right? Ross CAM and the Broph ahead of him?

Maybe...

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unchanged team for QOS.

For only the 3rd time in the league this season! Pretty shocking when you think about that.

I thought Gibson had been one of Dumbarton's strongest players this season? Surprised to hear he's on the bench.

Same shit different week. Utter guff once again. With genuine respect(relief), it's just lucky that Dumbarton's finishing isn't up to much as they've had enough chances and half chances to be sitting with a comfortable lead just now. Thomson had two excellent saves early on and it's kept us in the game. I duno who is supposed to be the holding midfielder out of Hutton and Millar but they want to decide. Dumbarton players have been cruising through the middle of the park on numerous occasions.

Our only spark appears to be Oliver who is stuck out wide. Lyle has had two headers on target but both were comfortably dealt with. Only one team looking likely just now but hopefully it's a case of Dumbarton kicking themselves come the end for not taking their chances :ph34r:

We find more and more new and impressive ways not to score every week. Decent performance today, far better than previous weeks. But not taking our chances is killing us. Queens took their chance and we missed our chances.

Good effort, ultimately no cutting edge upfront. Hit the post in the last minutes, another strike almost squirmed under Queens' keeper & over the line. Decent shift from Brophy, Ross can take a hike though. Nothing between both teams, except the ability to tuck a chance away. Disappointing

Queens took their chance and we missed our chances.

We did crack the bar at 1-0 tbf. Would have been a peach had Millar buried it. There's no question Dumbarton did enough to deserve a point but to say we only had one chance isn't true.

Bit lucky to take all three points I'd say.Did the one fumbled at the end hit the post? A genuinely heart stopping moment.

I thought Thomson pounced on it. To be fair to him it was a great strike from Gibson. Those type of shots are a nightmare for 'keepers at the best of times so in the rain they're extremely difficult. He did well to recover so quickly. I thought he warranted his MOTM, if for no other reason I couldn't tell you what outfield player I'd have given it to.

It's 3 points but for me it was pretty poor again. The second half was far better than the first but if anyone thinks it was a convincing win they're lying to themselves. Dumbarton were well in it right until the end.

I thought Alan Muir was decent today it has to be said. He's second behind Crawford Allan as my personal disliked referee's, but I think he did well today. There wasn't any big calls right enough but he let the game flow. Dunno where he got the added on time from though.

Team gave far more effort today than past home fixtures and got a deserved 3 points, only a point off 4th now and with only 2 champ fixtures next weekend there's a chance to go 4th next weekend with a victory at Morton.

Onwards and upwards what a diff 6 points makes from 2 games.

Lots of people complaining about poor performance on internet forums etc. well get a grip we got three points didnt we. You just csnt please some people!! The team gave there all today and there was some nice link up play by Oliver & Kidd two young players and agaib Marshall performed well as did Thomson as all yoyng players.

Archived