Top Tier Club in Financial Trouble

There's someboy on TDB saying he's been told County from a guy on his rig who's placed £100 on it at 40/1.

:lol:

£100 on what? I'm fairly sure no book makers would take odds on something us abstract as a financial situation.

It is quite funny. This all began when someone suggested Andrew Davies was on £4000 a week. Like everyone else on this thread, I know absolutely nothing about any of the clubs' finances, but I can guarantee nobody is on anything like that at Ross County.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, I love a bit of unsubstantiated gossiping about which club will be next to the wall.

I'm pretty confident it won't be Ross County. Even if Roy's business empire was experiencing a downturn, I'm sure his own personal wealth and love for the club would, at worst, result in cutting of budgets over a period of time and eventual regression back to the Championship.

I can't help but feel the most likely candidates are one of ICT, Kilmarnock or Partick Thistle. ICT have very few assets and a well-publicised lack of budget despite the cup success. That said, if things were that bad then surely they would have allowed Hughes to talk to Dundee Utd because the compensation they would have received might have helped the situation. Kilmarnock, on the other hand, signed a lot of experienced pros in the summer who presumably aren't cheap, and don't have many fans. I'll go for them.

Kilmarnock's chairman was flapping about during the summer after Rangers missed out on promotion.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kilmarnock-chairman-jim-mann-scottish-6084152

Can't say I was bored last season.

As for us we are used to struggling hand to mouth every season with no big losses and little gain in prosperity, however we sold Ryan Christie to Celtic for 0.5m and have a Rod Stewart concert coming up next summer which will be a sell out, so even if our crowds end up being down this season we will be fine.

Its a good point made by P45 that when Rangers lose the meedya tries to deflect away from that with the old Scottish clubs in crisis which Sevco fans lap up despite there being no evidence to prove it so. Always remember when Scottish football in crisis rumours are brought up by a fan of the Fake Rangers they really mean their club Scottish Football = Sevco and there is certainly trouble brewing behind the scenes there. Rangers in crisis, Respond - Default mode = deny and deflect.

£100 on what? I'm fairly sure no book makers would take odds on something us abstract as a financial situation.

It is quite funny. This all began when someone suggested Andrew Davies was on £4000 a week. Like everyone else on this thread, I know absolutely nothing about any of the clubs' finances, but I can guarantee nobody is on anything like that at Ross County.

Just £4000?

Several St Johnstone fans have confirmed Dundee are paying Rory Loy £8k p/w.

We need a new centre half as well.....

Would hate nothing more than to see one of our clubs suffer an uncertain future.

If a team goes bust, would an extra one go up automatically? :ph34r:

Yes. That's what happened when OldCo went bust. Dundee went up after finishing 2nd in the First Division. I think it was Airdrie who went up to the First after losing the play off final (to Dumbarton I believe) and I can't remember who was shunted up to the Second from the Third.

It's fairly certain the current County model isn't sustainable. They're not pulling in crowds or generally finishing high enough up the league (yet) to warrant the wages that are supposed to be being handed out.

Doubt they'll go into admin though, surely Uncle Roy could just set up an interest free loan and have all the high earners leave.

Pfft. That's not how to do it. You need to get the chairman to arrange a loan with ludicrous terms, continue to deny that anything is wrong and alienate the fans. Oh and forget the door code to the side entrance of the stadium whilst live on Sky.

As for us we are used to struggling hand to mouth every season with no big losses and little gain in prosperity, however we sold Ryan Christie to Celtic for 0.5m and have a Rod Stewart concert coming up next summer which will be a sell out, so even if our crowds end up being down this season we will be fine.

:lol: I love that this is part of your budget.

Did St Johnstone not have a Rod Stewart concert too? Or was that Elton John? I would like to thank these pop stars for bringing valuable income to Scottish clubs in the summer and the only cost being the destruction of the pitch.

It was Elton John. Why do you think we've got that many different colour seats?

So we could make it look like a mini-Ibrox?

Archived