Hibernian v St Johnstone - League Cup Semi Final

Bambino7

Tommy Wright has said this morning that Murray Davidson, Chris Millar and Dave Mackay are all 'extremely doubtful' for this match.

Mackay isn't such a big deal because we have 5 defenders fit aside from him. His experience would be a miss, but Shaugnessy/Fisher, Anderson, Scobbie/Shaughnessy, Easton isn't a disastrous back 4.

If both Millar and Davidson miss out though, our realistic options in midfield are O'Halloran, Wotherspoon, Craig, Lappin, Thomson and I suppose Cummins at a push. Not much dig in that. Always the chance that Rangers will finally meet our valuation for O'Halloran too.

With the form he's shown recently, Davidson would be a massive miss for this. We could cope with the other two missing out if Davidson makes it though.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tommy Wright has said this morning that Murray Davidson, Chris Millar and Dave Mackay are all 'extremely doubtful' for this match.

Mackay isn't such a big deal because we have 5 defenders fit aside from him. His experience would be a miss, but Shaugnessy/Fisher, Anderson, Scobbie/Shaughnessy, Easton isn't a disastrous back 4.

If both Millar and Davidson miss out though, our realistic options in midfield are O'Halloran, Wotherspoon, Craig, Lappin, Thomson and I suppose Cummins at a push. Not much dig in that. Always the chance that Rangers will finally meet our valuation for O'Halloran too.

With the form he's shown recently, Davidson would be a massive miss for this. We could cope with the other two missing out if Davidson makes it though.

Going into a semi final without our best midfield pairing and without our club captain would be a bit of a pisser...

As you say though Davidson is the key here.

This ticket situation is now beyond farcical. Stadium otherwise sold out, four working days before he match, and the authorities still haven't decided who is getting the remaining tickets. They've known the participants and the venue for months. They've known one team had sold out their allocation for two weeks. Ludicrous.

Can't believe St Johnstone have only been given 3300 tickets for a semi final in a neutral venue.

Wrong venue chosen Tynecastle far too small for this one

With tickets only a fiver they could've got 25,000 - 30,000 at Hampden on a Saturday afternoon (not sure there will be anymore on Sunday).

Should be a crackin' game two very good sides.

Shift it through to bleak soulless Hampden and I doubt Hibs or St. Johnston will have sold as many tickets. (I'm sure their fans will claim differently)

Tynecastle is the perfect venue it's popularity has lead to demand exceeding supply yet again.

This ticket situation is now beyond farcical. Stadium otherwise sold out, four working days before he match, and the authorities still haven't decided who is getting the remaining tickets. They've known the participants and the venue for months. They've known one team had sold out their allocation for two weeks. Ludicrous.

Surely they have to go to the team that was given the lowest number of tickets in the first place? Which I assume from this thread is St Johnstone.

Surely they have to go to the team that was given the lowest number of tickets in the first place? Which I assume from this thread is St Johnstone.

St Johnstone should have been given all of section N but asked to sell in blocks. Any remaining blocks then sent to Hibs with about a week to go. Would have made much more sense and fairer.

Alternatively make the whole of N family only (adult must be accompanied by a child) and mixed support and put them on sale to both sets at the same time.

Archived