Explosion in Paris

G-MAN

I think it's pretty obvious why people are affected by attacks in Paris than in Middle Eastern cities they've never heard of. I'd wager that, in the last few months,everyone here has went to a restaurant or gig at night in the city centre-probably both.

Without going all "could have been me",it really is much more chilling to imagine yourself in a situation that could easily happen in Glasgow or Edinburgh next than countries that border warzones. It's not the right reaction but it's a natural one.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else having some severe problems with posters on Facebook about this or is it just me?

I read something the other day saying you grew up wishing you knew what other people were thinking, but now that you can, you wish you never knew.

Everyone seems to have become a foreign policy expert in the last few days.

Well obviously I'd learn how to shoot/operate the thing first. I'd probably just have a pop at any terrorist looking blokes I seen tbh.

Maybe the Paras will try that one in the Bloody Sunday investigation.

Afghanistan was just the States lashing out at the most Muslimy-looking country they could find post 9/11

Hardly a random choice, the Al Qaeda head office was in Kandahar, protected by the Taliban Government.

I read something the other day saying you grew up wishing you knew what other people were thinking, but now that you can, you wish you never knew.

Everyone seems to have become a foreign policy expert in the last few days.

Yeah - lost what fleeting respect i had for a few people who decide to share Britain first photo's and call for all muslims to go home.

Hardly a random choice, the Al Qaeda head office was in Kandahar, protected by the Taliban Government.

That's not the line. Walk the fucking line, Welshbairn. Afghanistan was chosen because oil or some shit. And Iraq was also over oil. And although France voted against the Iraq War and didn't support it, the attacks in Paris are revenge for their meddling in Iraq.

Archived