Ayr v Airdrie

shug

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give up fella, you're failing.

I've simply questioned the Ayr fans take on events. Right to do so judging by the comments from the Airdrie fans.

You've failed in your last two posts 'cause you're an absolute mess. Come back tomorrow, it'll be alright then.

'Fans' is a bit of loose term to describe the wee laddies that got a shoeing. Don't worry, highlights are up so can cry some more!!!

I take massive issue with that.

Take issue with it then, from what I seen there was a scuffle and it takes two to tangle. Anyone who says Airdrie fans were 100% innocent is away with the fairies, something somewhere must have provoked the stewards to get involved

There was a steward being held on the ground and an Airdrie fan in a red jacket was booting in to him, the steward cracked one of the guys booting his pal.

The steward walked past the side terrace during half time and went to the police control room, presumably to make a statement or view CCTV and walked back round to the Airdrie end during the second half

But you continue with the rampaging steward flinging punches at random innocent bystanders theory.

Th

I'm not continuing with any theory, I specifically said that I didn't see how it started. Unlike most idiots on here I am capable of giving an honest assessment of what I saw and not looking to score points. What you say may have happened, all I said was what I could see, when there is a crowd of bodies and you are half the width of a park away you obviously aren't going to see everything. However, I did see a steward walk over from about 30 yards away and punch someone in the face as it was so blatant and it had started to calm down by then, numerous people have said this and itzdrk is laughing away at it, that's beyond dispute I'd have thought.

Take issue with it then, from what I seen there was a scuffle and it takes two to tangle. Anyone who says Airdrie fans were 100% innocent is away with the fairies, something somewhere must have provoked the stewards to get involved

Nobody's said that.

You said NO-ONE in the away stand is innocent. I am.

It was a joke.

I'm not continuing with any theory, I specifically said that I didn't see how it started. Unlike most idiots on here I am capable of giving an honest assessment of what I saw and not looking to score points. What you say may have happened, all I said was what I could see, when there is a crowd of bodies and you are half the width of a park away you obviously aren't going to see everything. However, I did see a steward walk over from about 30 yards away and punch someone in the face as it was so blatant and it had started to calm down by then, numerous people have said this and itzdrk is laughing away at it, that's beyond dispute I'd have thought.

Yes, it was all over by then, the Airdrie fans were simply trying to kick the fallen steward back on to his feet and send him on his way when the nutter steward appeared and it all kicked off again

A thing I noticed about Airdrie was the lack of fight(on the park obviously), as soon as they went a goal down they seemed to give up, there was no rush to take free kicks or throw-ins.

Its night and day from the game at Broomfield, is there a reason for it? because in a quarter of a season they have gone from a solid, play-off contending team to an almost relegation fodder performance today. Boland always has teams that are hard to beat at least and compete well.

Yes, it was all over by then, the Airdrie fans were simply trying to kick the fallen steward back on to his feet and send him on his way when the nutter steward appeared and it all kicked off again

You're not very bright are you? I accepted (and specifically said) I didn't/couldn't see the whole incident, so I commented on what I saw and have explained that. If the fans did as you say that is obviously equally unacceptable. You seem incapable of having a normal conversation though without resorting to the kind of post above, so I'll leave it.

From watching the highlights Scott Smith ducks out of blocking the cross for the first goal, and then doesn't stop the shot for the goal. As far as I can tell his job in the team is to sit in midfield and protect the back 4, yet didn't do this for both those goals. If he's not doing that then what is he there for?

How much extra does the club pay for stewarding and police when we play Airdrie? Presumably the mass of stewards were there to sort out any trouble should it come along. The four stewards in the Airdrie end were outnumbered by three or four to one with punches being thrown from both sides. I see the steward who threw a punch is getting stick but at least himself and another chap ran a distance to help their colleagues out. The situation didn't look like calming down until three policeman ran from the other terracing to help sort it out. Meanwhile in the Ayr end at least twenty odd stewards stood with their hands in their pockets watching events. Why are the club being forced to pay for these useless fuckers that aren't particularly helpful to the fans never mind back their own colleagues up.

Archived