The wee team

It's frustrating Dundee/ Dundee Utd don't see sense and become Dundee City. 20000 stadium and a real force in Scottish footy :)

We'd end up like Killie. About 3000 fans turning up to an absolutely soulless and depressing venue that doesn't allow for atmosphere.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's frustrating Dundee/ Dundee Utd don't see sense and become Dundee City. 20000 stadium and a real force in Scottish footy :)

Away and shite. For diddy fans who don't get a lot of success (sorry Dundee/United pals) local bragging rights are everything.

I'd rather County folded than merged with Caley. Ask pre-1994 Caley/Thistle fans what they think of mergers.

I don't agree with the merging teams shite ( :lol: ) but I think a brand new shared stadium wouldn't be too bad a shout...?

Na your alright ta.

Half dark blue, half tangerine seats?

No Derry or shed (to give to away fans in the case of the shed obv)

Soulless pop up stadia like st mirrens ground but bigger?

I'm out.

Rangers > Celtic - I think Rangers are a bigger club in Scotland, more people seem to know of Celtic outwith Scotland though.

Hearts > Hibs

Dundee > Dundee United > St. Johnstone

Aberdeen > Inverness > Ross County

Motherwell > Hamilton

Arbroath > Montrose

As far as Dundee is concerned, Dundee are the bigger club. Switch positions and there's no way United would have pulled in the same crowds Dundee did in the first division and likewise if Dundee were challenging for Europe they'd be drawing in more people. From living here I'm under the impression that the vast majority of people inside the Kingsway circle are Dundee supporters.

Why are you including Aberdeen with ICT and Ross County? It's fucking miles away.

Na your alright ta.

Half dark blue, half tangerine seats?

No Derry or shed (to give to away fans in the case of the shed obv)

Soulless pop up stadia like st mirrens ground but bigger?

I'm out.

To be fair, an Allianz/MetLife type stadium where you could change the colours depending on who was at home, etc would be awesome. A safe standing area to replace the Shed at one end, and an extremely unsafe standing to mimic the Derry at the other. Magic.

I would, however, prefer the continuation of the current grounds.

As for local rivalries:

Queen's Park > Third Lanark

Renton > Dumbarton

Well we haven't had a Dundee derby at a neutral venue to test the theory but Utd seem to have an incredibly poor home support considering success.

Dundee have a very large home support for a team that wins f**k all.

I feel a Dundee derby semi final at a neutral venue would prove Dundee have a bigger crowd.

My opinion of course.

As said it hasn't been proved

Quite flattering, of course, but not sure I'd agree tbh. I think United taking 27,000 (??) to a cup final a few years ago was very impressive. We took 17,000 to the Scottish Cup Final in 2003.

We certainly seem to have the bigger travelling support this season (so far).

You make a good point regarding us being quite shite in recent years. I'm sure the Dundee support will increase after a few years in the top 6 (or 8 :ph34r: ) along with reaching the later stages of cups etc.

But we'd be in a city with a population 100,000 less than Aberdeen and end up levelling out at 12,000, or so.

And no derby (as heartbreaking as most of them are :( )

No merger. It's only folk who follow teams outside the city that suggest this :)

Quite flattering, of course, but not sure I'd agree tbh. I think United taking 27,000 (??) to a cup final a few years ago was very impressive. We took 17,000 to the Scottish Cup Final in 2003.

We certainly seem to have the bigger travelling support this season (so far).

You make a good point regarding us being quite shite in recent years. I'm sure the Dundee support will increase after a few years in the top 6 (or 8 :ph34r: ) along with reaching the later stages of cups etc.

Utds last 2 cup finals were versus St Johnstone and Ross C and they probably fancied themselves.

A bit like us.

We took 12,000 to the final v Rangers.

Yet took 20,000 + to finals v Killie and Inverness.

Dundee v Rangers isn't a fair comparison to Dundee Utd v Ross C.

I'm willing to accept I'm wrong on this but feel I'm not.

Still, a Semi between you pair at Hampden would be epic to settle this

Utds last 2 cup finals were versus St Johnstone and Ross C and they probably fancied themselves.

A bit like us.

We took 12,000 to the final v Rangers.

Yet took 20,000 + to finals v Killie and Inverness.

Dundee v Rangers isn't a fair comparison to Dundee Utd v Ross C.

I'm willing to accept I'm wrong on this but feel I'm not.

Still, a Semi between you pair at Hampden would be epic to settle this

I'd rather we used Tyncastle or Easter Road because they'd be rammed but, yeah, Hampden would allow for every fan who wanted a ticket to get one.

Archived