Thistlemania 28, PTFC vs ICTFC

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst thing Inverness did was sit off us after they scored, when we were clearly an absolute shambles at the back. John Hughes and his conservative style of play at work again. After that we pretty much controlled that half and got a deserved equaliser right before HT.

Second half was pretty meh, but just delighted it was us getting a late winner for a change. I'm sure we did that to ICT last year as well.

Thought it was a pretty good game in general with a few dull spells in the second. Dumbuya is fucking brilliant and I love him.

Really enjoyed that winner... Feels great not to be on the receiving end of one of those.

BBC has us having 52% possession to Caley's 48%! That can't be right. Aside from the goal, we hardly touched the ball in the 2nd half.

Dumbaya really is a class act and if I had a womb, I too would be happy for him to use it!

Great to get back to Firhill.

Ten minutes of utter crap, another 35 of barrel scraping adequacy that now seems to be the hallmark of Archie's Thistle teams, followed by 45 that entertained me a great deal then a goal that lit up my entire evening and had me believing there was a god until I got home and Julianne Moore wasn't waiting for me with a glass of wine.

I do believe they're playing for the accolade of the biggest bunch of duffers to survive in the top flight. It must be love. Booth and Dumbuya were pretty eyecatching, as was Lawless.

The league table looks a little less daunting tonight. :D

I thought Welsh was decent today.

He was better on the ball and worked hard to close folk down.

Agree with this. I did a midfield watch. He did the more defensive work as GGF got forward.

Muzzy Dumbaya though :wub:

Worst thing Inverness did was sit off us after they scored, when we were clearly an absolute shambles at the back. John Hughes and his conservative style of play at work again.

I can't say much as I wasn't at the game but these comments don't surprise me.

He was straight up the tunnel at full time.

I'd have him starting over Amoo at the moment.

Maybe, but he's an experienced pro and should suck it up, frankly. Delighted he scored the winner today but his attitude just always seems very negative.

Archived