Thistlemania 28, PTFC vs ICTFC

So much interest in this game a 12 year old Clyde fan has started multiple topics on it but no-one who supports either team.

Despite that, a big 4 games coming up for us against teams in the bottom 6 culminating in a trip to Tannadice by which time we'll either be reasonably optimistic or resigned to our fate. Obviously we have been ICT's bogey team (cup game excepted) in the last 2 years, hoping that will continue even though they've not been as good this year.

Bannigan out for us suspended which probably means Welsh gets another week free of charge, would probably bring Stevenson in for him as it was about this time last year he started to play.

I know ICT have been buggered by injuries this season, what's the latest?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know what the situation with Pogba is? I know he was caught up in the Paris attack and we said we'd give him time if needed but is he back at the club/avaliable?

If not, it'll be Doolan starting which is fine. Hopefully Nisbet gets some game time as well as he appears to be quite good/promising.

Hopefully Gary Fraser can come in, play well and then when Bannigan is back we can maybe have some games without Sean Welsh crammed into the team. Or, more likely, Fraser can come in, do alright but nothing special and it'll be back to Bannigan, Osman, Welsh for the foreseeable future. Or as fuctifano said, bring in Stevenson, think it was the 4-0 last year when he decided he did want to be quite good after all.

Don't think much needs done with the defence, is Cerny fit yet? If not, I'd rather Gallacher to Scully (assuming the latter isn't still suspended).

Hopefully we can continue being Caley's bogey team, the cup game apart (which was horrendous for a wide variety of reasons).

Warren and Draper both played in a midweek development league game as did Mutumbo. Lopez, as discussed elsewhere, is suspended after allegedly spitting on an opponent in the same game. Christie seems to be out for a good few weeks and it's quite possible we won't seem him back at ICT again and Williams is also out inured. No word of the extent of any of these injuries or recoveries from the club as per usual. Assuming that none of those guys return to play we could be looking at a line up along the lines of:

Fon Williams

Raven Meekings Devine Tremarco

Tansey Wedderburn

Polworth Vincent Vigurs

Storey

The last few seasons at Firhill have been crap so I'm not expecting much from this one. We've gone into these fixtures on better form and with a better term and been humped. Actually, with that in mind we'll probably win 5 - 0.

Can't make it to this one due to work.

I think it's actually a very important game - if we win it'll push us up the table into that group of County, Dundee, Accies and away from relegation.

Hopefully Draper is back and slots in for Wedderburn in that team.

Assuming that none of those guys return to play we could be looking at a line up along the lines of:

Fon Williams

Raven Meekings Devine Tremarco

Tansey Wedderburn

Polworth Vincent Vigurs

Storey

That's a team to strike fear into the heart of no-one: precious little pace and no width. If Draper is back, it might allow Tansey to break forward a little more, but for much of the season so far he has been nowhere near the level he was at last season. Vincent still seems to struggle to know where he should be playing too, and Vigurs, goal at Fir Park apart, just hasn't done enough yet. Still, we were a bit more dynamic against Motherwell than we had been in the matches prior to that, and Polworth had an excellent game, so we might build on that.

But then, it's Firhill. In the league. So we won't.

I hope Nisbet gets some game time near the end even if we are losing 1-0. The boy is in mad form. He also really stuck out in the 2-1 Motherwell game earlier in the season, caused problems and wasn't shy to take the ball.

I suppose it's bad news for Duggan, apart from his good scoring record in the development league, he's never been able to push through into the first team.

I hope Nisbet gets some game time near the end even if we are losing 1-0. The boy is in mad form. He also really stuck out in the 2-1 Motherwell game earlier in the season, caused problems and wasn't shy to take the ball.

I suppose it's bad news for Duggan, apart from his good scoring record in the development league, he's never been able to push through into the first team.

I think Nisbet's progress in the last few months is the final nail for Duggan, wouldn't be surprised to see him move to QP permanently in January.

I suppose my team would be

Cerny

Dumbuya Lindsay Seaborne Booth

Osman Fraser

Amoo Stevenson Lawless

Doolan

subs: Scully, Frans, Miller, Welsh, Edwards , Nisbet, Muirhead

If Cerny doesn't make it, I think most people would prefer Gallacher in goals, but I can see Archie going with Scully. Gallacher had a cracking game in Dundee and it'd be a shame to see him dropped. Scully still needs another six months to a year on loan at a Championship team in my opinion, because he looks out of his depth in this league at the moment.

Regarding other unpopular Archie selections, I'm sure we'll see Welsh start again, especially since Bannigan is suspended. I would like to see Fraser come in for Welsh to play alongside Osman in the middle and one of Stevenson/Edwards/Muirhead to play in the three behind the striker.

Was looking forward to this at the start of the week until I remembered Scully and Welsh will most likely play which brought down my optimism slightly. A performance like the 4-0 game and not one like the cup game of last year please.

I suppose my team would be

Cerny

Dumbuya Lindsay Seaborne Booth

Osman Fraser

Amoo Stevenson Lawless

Doolan

subs: Scully, Frans, Miller, Welsh, Edwards , Nisbet, Muirhead

That would be my team as well, but there must be a higher chance of us winning the league than Fraser starting ahead of Welsh.

"Whatcha gonna do when Abdul "Bulk Hogan" Osman runs wild on you, bruther dude jack" edit: or Stone Cold Steve Lawless opening a can of whup ass, haaaaaa

Light hearted thread title inspired japery aside, I'm predicting a miserable 0-0 in weather conditions that render the game an absolute farce.

Will the game even be on?

Been pretty dank for about two weeks.

Fair bit of wind to blow the excess water off and we've not had any pitch problems previously this season. Well apart from occurrences on top of it at times.

ICT are a decent side but we really need to be looking to get three points by hook or by crook.

We might even get that long awaited penalty...

Will the game even be on?

Been pretty dank for about two weeks.

Fair bit of wind to blow the excess water off and we've not had any pitch problems previously this season. Well apart from occurrences on top of it at times.

ICT are a decent side but we really need to be looking to get three points by hook or by crook.

We might even get that long awaited penalty...

That would need a player to run into the box with the ball. Another long awaited event.

Ian Maxwell said we should be competing at the top end of the Premiership after becoming debt free.

Stick on away win.

How much attention do fans pay him? The goal of competing in the top six I understand. The means of doing it are not in hand.

Archived