Wick v Linlithgow

FuzzyBear

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just heard on the radio that this has been called off.. Apparently there was a pitch inspection at 10am, yet it was announced this late?!

Feel for the fans that made the journey.

It passed a morning inspection and has been called-off by the match referee during the warm-up.

In a way you hope the pitch has gone from definitely playable to definitely unplayable. If it was actually unplayable this morning - or the ref has made a marginal or nit-picking call just now - then that is pretty poor. Hopefully every chance has been given to it, and it's simply too far gone. Take it they'll try again next Saturday, not midweek?

It passed a morning inspection and has been called-off by the match referee during the warm-up.

In a way you hope the pitch has gone from definitely playable to definitely unplayable. If it was actually unplayable this morning - or the ref has made a marginal or nit-picking call just now - then that is pretty poor. Hopefully every chance has been given to it, and it's simply too far gone. Take it they'll try again next Saturday, not midweek?

According to the folk up there the weather wasn't that bad over night and wouldn't have changed the park from being playable yesterday to being off today. I though it was strange when it went from a 1:15 inspection yesterday to 3:30 to 10:30 this morning. Must have been issues since the red got their yesterday.

If you mean that someone should have been casting doubt on the inspections - saying something like "it is passing inspections but goodness knows how", with the aim of discouraging people travelling - it's certainly not Wick's responsibility?

If nothing else, of the 3 reported inspections only the first, informal, one was by Wick's groundsman - following 2 were by local referees.

EDIT: It appears Wick's groundsman looked at it Friday lunchtime; Rose then asked for an SFA inspection Friday afternoon; and there was another Saturday morning?

The ref at the Friday inspection said it was doubtful. Nobody relayed this to the fans. Did Wick tell the Rose - if so they are not at fault . If not the lack of communication is very poor.

I would imagine that your club would have been told what happened at the Friday inspection at the very worse the ref would have had to inform the SFA and surely they would have passed the information on if not Wick themselves.

I would imagine that your club would have been told what happened at the Friday inspection at the very worse the ref would have had to inform the SFA and surely they would have passed the information on if not Wick themselves.

The point is.nobody from the rose relayed any report from either wick or the sfa.you need to read the article from our secretary in Mondays evening news.to see where all the doubt about information comes from.nobody is blaming wick btw.

The point is.nobody from the rose relayed any report from either wick or the sfa.you need to read the article from our secretary in Mondays evening news.to see where all the doubt about information comes from.nobody is blaming wick btw.

My apologies, bad crack if no one from the club didn't relay any news to the fans. I'll have a look at the EN website and have a read!

My apologies, bad crack if no one from the club didn't relay any news to the fans. I'll have a look at the EN website and have a read!

The debacle angered Linlithgow secretary Jim Harkins, who said: “We asked Wick for an inspection on Friday before we left for our overnight stay at Brora – which cost us in excess of £3000 – and they looked at the park at 1.30pm saying it was playable. However, that came from their groundsman. We asked the SFA for clarification and they sent a referee for a 3.30pm inspection and he deemed it doubtful but playable.

“When we arrived at the ground on Saturday, it was plainly obvious the pitch couldn’t have been playable on Friday never mind Saturday.

if the fans had known about the DOUBTFUL part they could have decided better to travel or not.but all we got was,Game on.

Archived