Wick v Linlithgow

FuzzyBear

Average of 4.5 postponements per season, nothing to be ashamed of in that, and some of those would be for snow / freezing.

Never mind all this avge nonsense. That's 4 on the spin. Only outstanding tie of round 2 including the replays and not a ball kicked. Aye, it's been wet but everyone else has coped. It's frustrating and I just don't agree that exceptions should not be made to use Saturdays and Sundays.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never mind all this avge nonsense. That's 4 on the spin. Only outstanding tie of round 2 including the replays and not a ball kicked. Aye, it's been wet but everyone else has coped. It's frustrating and I just don't agree that exceptions should not be made to use Saturdays and Sundays.

Repeatedly postponing league games is the kinda shite that only the juniors are sticking too, hence difficulty writing a basic fixture list and unknown dates for leagues finishing.

I can't really give sympathy based on 'their far away tho' its a national comp and also it needs to be one rule for all.

So let's change everything for yer team HTG.

There's a long history of postponements over the years in the big Scottish.

I can mind my team playing on a Monday afternoon in the Scottish and that was over 30 years ago.

The rules won't change cause yer playing a team that's probably closer to the Arctic circle despite yer frustrations.

It was a hoor o a journey for us,and that was a Saturday but they certainly won't change the rules cause of a few postponements.

Repeatedly postponing league games is the kinda shite that only the juniors are sticking too, hence difficulty writing a basic fixture list and unknown dates for leagues finishing.

I can't really give sympathy based on 'their far away tho' its a national comp and also it needs to be one rule for all.

That's fair comment. I just think that with 5 months to sort out the league fixture, it wouldn't burst the competition to fire in another Saturday and/or Sunday. Slightly concerned that Wick play at home on Saturday, f**k the pitch and we repeat the cycle.

According to the Evening News tonight

"If the Highland League outfit’s pitch remains unplayable come Wednesday, December 16, Linlithgow will travel north to play the tie on Saturday, January 9 – the day of the fourth round."

Read more: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/local-football/wick-linlithgow-tie-called-off-for-fourth-time-1-3970211#ixzz3tpCRumaB

Hopefully the rain continues for at least till the 16th of December!!!!

Is this game on tonight?

It was postponed yesterday for tonight. Next attempt is Monday 14th and Wednesday the 16th - suggestion being then the next attempt won't be until Saturday 9th of January as per the article I posted.

It was postponed yesterday for tonight. Next attempt is Monday 14th and Wednesday the 16th - suggestion being then the next attempt won't be until Saturday 9th of January as per the article I posted.

Shocking so now Forfar are inconvenienced should yous dry yer eyes and get yer wish!!

Shocking so now Forfar are inconvenienced should yous dry yer eyes and get yer wish!!

What are you on about? It's not our fault it keeps getting called off. If that lightweight of a ref had played the game at the first attempt when he should have then all would be fine.

What are you on about? It's not our fault it keeps getting called off. If that lightweight of a ref had played the game at the first attempt when he should have then all would be fine.

Just wondering what Forfar fans take on it will be should ye get yer wish (what auld Heid was on aboot) and play the tie on the Saturday of 4th round day, considering its a few weeks away ;)

Forfar will presumably have no game that day, I'm sure their fans be over the moon :o

Just wondering what Forfar fans take on it will be should ye get yer wish (what auld Heid was on aboot) and play the tie on the Saturday of 4th round day, considering its a few weeks away ;) Forfar will presumably have no game that day, I'm sure their fans be over the moon :o

f**k Forfar.

Archived