St Mirren Relegation Express. Championship Edition.

mrcat1990

9 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

No doubt their heroic resurgence will come on Saturday.

This Saturday is a real worry.

If we can concede 3 goals at home to a team who's confidence and form is even worse then ours, what chance have we got away from home to a team who's on a cracking run.

3-1 Saints :P

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Holy f**k that is grim.

Every single one of those goals has at least 4 or 5 players not only failing to do their job properly, but actually doing it badly. Even if one of them was doing the right thing it would have stopped the goals. What's most worrying is the lack of surprise or any obvious concern or care from the players both before and after the goals. 

No doubt their heroic resurgence will come on Saturday.

The only fight shown was when Naismith spat his dummy out while Queens were celebrating their second goal. I've seen better defensive players in an U-8 match. Still, looking on the bright side, it should be an easy 3 points for you on Saturday.

Equally as worrying is the lack of firepower in the final third. If the rumours that Loy is coming are true, that goes some way to alleviate that particular worry and means we can fully focus on one or preferably two, new defenders.

14 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Yip. Three massive gifts.

I think the second was probably the worst of the lot to be honest.

It's got absolutely everything: starts with a clearance being deflected to an opponent, we win the ball back... then calmly pass it straight to an opponent... who takes a shot, which is saved and breaks to another opponent, who takes a shot which hits the post, and comes back to another opponent... who eventually thinks "These guys aren't going to let us away without scoring here", so he knocks it in.

I think those were pretty much Queens only 3 'attacks' in the game too :whistle

You missed out the parts with the left back being posted missing for the first shot, the keeper saving a shot straight out into the middle of his own box (the most forgivable error of the lot tbf), the guy who hit the post stood unmarked at the edge of the box, directly in line with the middle of the goals not being marked for a single second of the attack, as well as the laughable positioning to keep the guy who actually scored onside.

If literally any one of those things had not happened(including your list) then that goal would not have been scored. 

I make that 5 horrendously poor mistakes which all combined for that goal, with 1 preventable mistake.

1 minute ago, TheMessiah said:

You missed out the parts with the left back being posted missing for the first shot, the keeper saving a shot straight out into the middle of his own box (the most forgivable error of the lot tbf), the guy who hit the post stood unmarked at the edge of the box, directly in line with the middle of the goals not being marked for a single second of the attack, as well as the laughable positioning to keep the guy who actually scored onside.

If literally any one of those things had not happened(including your list) then that goal would not have been scored. 

I make that 5 horrendously poor mistakes which all combined for that goal, with 1 preventable mistake.

Aye, when you look at it that way :P!

At least I did pick out the second as the worst of the lot :lol:.

But it really DID look like Queen's didn't want to score it!

1 minute ago, TheMessiah said:

The visable apathy and laziness of the defending for the third goal is actually shocking.

Can almost forgive the third given the second ripped the stuffing out of the team.

I think up until that went in we still thought we'd a chance of getting a point.

To lose such a goal at such a time, when you're already low on confidence, you could see most of the players just wanted the whistle to blow.

12 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

Webster:lol: Dobbie hardly moved for the first goal and completely lost Webster:lol:

I blamed Quinn on here at the time on Saturday but it's a horrific pass from Sutton (as was correctly pointed out to me) that was behind Quinn when he was running out and looking for it a yard in front of him. Webster running honestly makes me feel a bit depressed in general.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I blamed Quinn on here at the time on Saturday but it's a horrific pass from Sutton (as was correctly pointed out to me) that was behind Quinn when he was running out and looking for it a yard in front of him. Webster running honestly makes me feel a bit depressed in general.

I feel a bit sorry for Webster at times, all a team needs to do is play a ball over the top and he's screwed. Is he only playing because of an injury to someone?(I can't remember what other defenders(apparently) we have at the moment)

Got to admire the workrate of Clarkson at that 3rd goal. 

Can't shoot, can't pass, can't run. Takes half an hour to turn. More than happy to shout at others despite his obvious failings.

Apart from that a pleasure to watch. A woeful player. Amazing that Jack Ross persists with bringing him on ahead of Shankland.

10 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

I feel a bit sorry for Webster at times, all a team needs to do is play a ball over the top and he's screwed. Is he only playing because of an injury to someone?(I can't remember what other defenders(apparently) we have at the moment)

He's in because Ben Gordon is out for a few weeks with knee injury, and it appears Jack Ross is not in favour of starting Baird.

17 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

Yeah. We're undone by the up and under so often that if he's even a yard out of position, he's pretty much fucked.

1 minute ago, McG said:

There will be more than Loy but we'll also have 1 or 2 leaving.

My money would be on it being from the pool of Mallan, McAllister, Naismith and possibly Gallagher

I hope it's from the unholy trinity, though.

Archived