Bombing Syria

ICTJohnboy

What the F*ck has his eventual decision got to do with his dead father! and furthermore what the f*ck does his fathers view in contrast with his own have anything to do with Alex F*cking Salmond.

A nasty jibe, that is all, whichever side of the house you sit on.

Integrity?

When you are the fourth generation of MP from the same family comparisons are bound to be made. That it was Salmond that made them (not initially BTW) is the reason you find yourself outraged. I find it utterly depressing that at a time when we cannot learn from history and commit to another irrational military campaign in the Middle East that you find the greatest offence in the comparison of two generations of politician from the same family. Mental.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34993447

I'm all in favour of clamping down on online abuse but I don't think this comes into that category.

If you're an MP and vote a particular way on such an emotive issue. It's fair for your constituents to say they won't vote for you and it's completely valid for local party members to say they will deselect you.

FWIW I'd love to see a purge of these c***s.

Integrity?

When you are the fourth generation of MP from the same family comparisons are bound to be made. That it was Salmond that made them (not initially BTW) is the reason you find yourself outraged. I find it utterly depressing that at a time when we cannot learn from history and commit to another irrational military campaign in the Middle East that you find the greatest offence in the comparison of two generations of politician from the same family. Mental.

I agree entirely that we cannot repeat the mistakes of the past, and have been against the bombing of Syria from the outset. Salmond chose to make a public and very personal insult to make his point. Unhelpful and unnecessary.

Feels a bit strange having an opposing view to the SNP and the vast majority on here.

It's made me appreciate that people, including myself can often be part of a pack mentality and absolutely refuse to understand why anyone would hold a different opinion (as I did /do feel of No voters)

Feels a bit strange having an opposing view to the SNP and the vast majority on here.

It's made me appreciate that people, including myself can often be part of a pack mentality and absolutely refuse to understand why anyone would hold a different opinion (as I did /do feel of No voters)

It was, and is, unquestionably the worst aspect of the Yes movement.

What Salmond said was silly, but people can't have it both ways. Picking over every tiny comment from a Labour MP, then when Salmond says something stupid it's "if that's all you have to worry about when...". There's not much credibility in your comments if you can't be consistent.

I agree however that the level of debate from some has been awful. Far too much emotional bullshit getting in the way of the hard facts and arguments.

It was, and is, unquestionably the worst aspect of the Yes movement.

Yes. I understand it to a point. We were facing a hostile media and an electorate that often had no interest in examining the facts.

But it did become a bit supercilious and in its own way entrenched. Instead of being able to say 'yeah this is weak' or 'we got that wrong ' instead it became way too self congratulatory and there wasn't enough acceptance of differing views.

I suspect Patrick Harvie found that difficult.

Alex Salmond's comments are very, well, Alex Salmond. If I hadn't known who had made the remarks before hearing them, I would have guessed that he was the most likely culprit.

I have no reason to find the comments personally hurtful or offensive, but Hilary Benn might. They are crass and suggest a lack of emotional intelligence.