Trump

scottsdad

NoIit's not it's nothing to do with that whatsoever, it's the influence of special interest groups. What a ludicrous thing to say.n

So which special influence group are behind Trump and Sanders? Which candidates , if any, have been stopped from running by special interest groups? And define those special interest groups so we are clear who you are referring to.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So which special influence group are behind Trump and Sanders? Which candidates , if any, have been stopped from running by special interest groups? And define those special interest groups so we are clear who you are referring to.

sanders isn't going to be a nominee, precisely because of the same special interest groups

Aipac

gold man sachs

Morgan Stanley

nra

aclu

naacp

Aarp

Christian coalition

Americansffor prosperity

as well as cfr and trilateral commission

these groups run America, your assertion that out of 330 million people only a couple of absolute roasters can be bothered with the hassle of being President is laughable bullshit. The people chosen are the ones most beholden to these groups.

^ Those special interest groups don't control the choices of the voters in the primaries. Sanders is losing because more Democrats are voting for Clinton.

Trump does not give a damn about the NRA, AFP or Christian coalition. His bizarre choice of foreign policy advisers will not endear him to AIPAC or the neocons. The neocon establishment (e.g. Weekly Standard) which controls GOP foreign policy has tried to derail his campaign without success. The neocons will probably switch back to the Democrats where they came from originally. 

^ Those special interest groups don't control the choices of the voters in the primaries. Sanders is losing because more Democrats are voting for Clinton.

Trump does not give a damn about the NRA, AFP or Christian coalition. His bizarre choice of foreign policy advisers will not endear him to AIPAC or the neocons. The neocon establishment (e.g. Weekly Standard) which controls GOP foreign policy has tried to derail his campaign without success. The neocons will probably switch back to the Democrats where they came from originally.

Theyccontrol the voters choices though, and funding and media which forms opinion. Trump gives a hell of a lot more of a damn than he'd have you believe and if 3lected will be controlled by the same groups the others are

Just to be clear, the NRA and the NAACP both simultaneously run America...That's breathtakingly dumb.

They are extremely powerful groups, nobody said simultaneously, once again you lie, one is a republican group the other democrat. Which you know but misrepresent my words in order to smear, you should be a lib dem with dishonesty like that.

Though despite ad fibs pathetic attempt to manufacture an attack through lies those can and do heavily influence US politics simultaneously.

Just now for example with a democrat (and black) president strongly influenced by the naacp (trayvon Martin, gun control, response to police repeatedly shooting black people) but with republican control of the house and senate the nra influence the resistance to any laws limiting gun ownership.

so yes ad fib, despite you lying to attempt a smear (wonder where you learned that) that is true that does happen simultaneously and is right now.

Though since we were talking about the president, limiting it to that it's difficult for both groups to have influence simultaneously.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the reason Barack Obama wants gun control and for the police to stop shooting black people isn't because the NAACP fund him or other Democratic campaigns.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the reason Barack Obama wants gun control and for the police to stop shooting black people isn't because the NAACP fund him or other Democratic campaigns.

Maybe maybe not, doesn't change the fact you just lied then got owned. Try telling the truth sometimes it would be harder to disprove. I have to go out now enjoy your evening.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Peppino Impastato is a previously banned, shitty alias.

I called this within about 24 hours of his arrival on the forum. I think it's Paolo Sergio.

I'm convinced Trump is a result of a real life equivalent of the film "Big" where a child is given an adult's body. He retweeted this to brag that his wife is better looking than his rival's. 

Screen_Shot_2016-03-24_at_2.16.54_PM_cop

I'm convinced Trump is a result of a real life equivalent of the film "Big" where a child is given an adult's body. He retweeted this to brag that his wife is better looking than his rival's.

Pretty stupid stuff, but it was also in response to an equally misogynistic attack on Melania Trump from Ted Cruz's team.

Indeed, the whole Trump bogeyman stuff just gives Cruz and the rest of the Republican pack an easy pass. It also gives Trump the air of being an anti-liberal, anti-establishment revolutionary, when in truth he's a thicko with no professional grasp of the issues and whose pseudo policies should have been seen off weeks ago.

I'm sure you are aware that this was in a response to a Cruz affiliated super PAC publishing a slut shaming attack ad on Trump's wife in Utah.

Of course you are correct that Trump responds to every insult in a childish way. I was listening to the latest Bill Simmons podcast (best podcast for US sports if your interested) yesterday. His guest was a big wig sports movie producer named Mike Tollin. He was the producer of the 30 for 30 sports doc "Small Pototoes: Who Killed the USFL?" several years back. (The USFL was an upstart pro football league in the 1980s that attempted to compete with the NFL.) Trump was the owner of the New Jersey Generals and was one of the villains of the piece. Tollin sent Trump an invitation to the New York premier. Trump sent back the invitation scribbled over with black marker. "Dear Mike. Extremely dishonest film. Best Wishes. Donald. PS You are a loser." :lol:

I'd challenge anyone to read this transcript and not conclude that Trump would be an utterly disastrous President. The fact that he bemoans "predictability" in foreign policy should raise all sorts of red flags.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/03/21/a-transcript-of-donald-trumps-meeting-with-the-washington-post-editorial-board/?tid=pm_opinions_pop_b

Pretty stupid stuff, but it was also in response to an equally misogynistic attack on Melania Trump from Ted Cruz's team.

Indeed, the whole Trump bogeyman stuff just gives Cruz and the rest of the Republican pack an easy pass. It also gives Trump the air of being an anti-liberal, anti-establishment revolutionary, when in truth he's a thicko with no professional grasp of the issues and whose pseudo policies should have been seen off weeks ago.

He's the only candidate willing to say that mass Muslim immigration leads to unassimilated ghetttos and terrorist attacks against the host population. Perhaps we should debate whether this is desirable. It turns out a large percentage of Americans agree that we should stop Muslim immigration, but it was literally so far off the radar of the government and media that no polling had been done on the subject. The shock at the exist polls as Republicans in state after state agreed with this policy was hilarious. I knew support would be pretty high, but the elites in their PC bubbles had no idea what actual people thought on the issue.

Our last "free trade" deal was negotiated under Obama with South Korea. It was the largest since NAFTA. Our government said our exports would go up by $10 billion per year. They've gone up none, while their exports to us have exploded. Who is negotiating these treaties? Perhaps they don't know what they are talking about. I'm not any type of expert on economics, but if Obama sold the public on the deal based on increased access to Korean markets then that would seem to be what we wanted out of the agreement. Why did it not work?

I'd challenge anyone to read this transcript and not conclude that Trump would be an utterly disastrous President. The fact that he bemoans "predictability" in foreign policy should raise all sorts of red flags.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/03/21/a-transcript-of-donald-trumps-meeting-with-the-washington-post-editorial-board/?tid=pm_opinions_pop_b

Cruz doesn't sound any better. As a true believer instead of a cynical self publicist I find him even scarier.

P.S. There is a possibility that Trump might be open to hard reasoning in a crisis, I have serious doubts about Cruz. Anyway, unless the email thing gets legs, which I doubt, Hilary will have the job and we can look forward to more of the same, a lot less frightening than the alternatives.

Archived