Trump

scottsdad

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many American presidents, from Washington to The Old Bush, were Anglicans.

Looked it up because I was curious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_affiliations_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States

George Washington

Thomas Jefferson

James Madison

James Monroe

William Henry Harrison

John Tyler

Zachary Taylor

Franklin Pierce

Chester A. Arthur

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Gerald Ford

George HW Bush

There was no threat to out you at all.

I think you'll find I offered not to report you to the moderators for being an alias of a previously banned poster if you agreed not to behave "like a petulant thirteen-year-old Billy-no-mates desperately craving acceptance from the big boys every time I post something".

Since you obviously can't, I have. Enjoy your impending banning.

:lol:

That's fucking tragic

:lol:

the news that there were more British Muslims fighting in ISIS than serving in the British Army made big news here.

That is not news, it is propaganda. It is unfortunate that your country is full of simpletons that brlieve such nonesense.

Do you know there are areas in the UK that are so Islamified that the police date not even enter? Me neither nor did Trump as he couldn't name the places. He is a loonball and so is anyone who thinks the guy has credible policies. Go away and read the transcript on the Washington Post interview. Not one policy, not one answer and everything is about getting a better deal. Everything can be sorted/eradicated/addressed by renegotiating the money part of the issue.

I think you'll find I offered not to report you to the moderators for being an alias of a previously banned poster if you agreed not to behave "like a petulant thirteen-year-old Billy-no-mates desperately craving acceptance from the big boys every time I post something".

That is pathetic.

Disturbing and what appears to be controlling behaviour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHzCoUZG2Js

According to Pew Research of Muslim countries in 2013:

237 million Muslims believe that people who leave the religion should be executed.

345 million Muslims believe that honor killings of women who had premarital sex are sometimes justified.

281 million Muslims believe in cutting off the hands of thieves and flogging of criminals.

289 million Muslims believe in stoning to death women who cheat on their husbands.

If you look at specific Muslim countries, many have populations where 70%+ believe these things.

Western Muslims aged 18-29 on whether suicide bombings against civilians can be justified:

France - 42%

Britain - 35%

USA - 26%

So between 15 and 20% of Muslims surveyed are dafties. I'm sure a greater percentage of Trump supporters would say the solution to the IS problem would be to nuke the Middle East and turn the desert into glass. As regards suicide bombings against civilians I can think of lots of situations where they could be justified, it doesn't mean I approve of them.

As for Jews and Anglicans, you are correct that they are not trying to enforce religious rule on America. And of course if you actually read their books and teachings literally, there's no evidence that they would ever try to do such a thing. There are numerous Muslims in the West and America who do want sharia, and a literal reading of their holy books leaves no doubt that they are supposed to seek such an outcome.

yet the bible says literally in the sixth commandment 'thou shalt not kill'

Nae ifs or buts....

That is not news, it is propaganda. It is unfortunate that your country is full of simpletons that brlieve such nonesense.

Do you know there are areas in the UK that are so Islamified that the police date not even enter? Me neither nor did Trump as he couldn't name the places. He is a loonball and so is anyone who thinks the guy has credible policies. Go away and read the transcript on the Washington Post interview. Not one policy, not one answer and everything is about getting a better deal. Everything can be sorted/eradicated/addressed by renegotiating the money part of the issue.

I'm sure it was Birmingham. I was somewhat surprised to find I was living in a caliphate. Glad they haven't closed the pubs yet.

So, is that statistic about UK Muslims in ISIS vs the British Armed Forces incorrect? When I first heard it I didn't believe that it was possible and looked it up online. Seemed to be coming from legit sources.

I'm sure there are Muslim areas where the police are extra vigilant or have a slightly different patrol policy compared to other areas. I'm sure there are Muslim communities that try their best to not involve the police and handle issues outside the normal legal process. I know that there are no go areas for Jews in some European cities as I've seen the videos. But I doubt there are places where the police or normal citizens can't go safely. US cities are way worse on that front, but obviously not because of Muslims here.

So between 15 and 20% of Muslims surveyed are dafties. I'm sure a greater percentage of Trump supporters would say the solution to the IS problem would be to nuke the Middle East and turn the desert into glass. As regards suicide bombings against civilians I can think of lots of situations where they could be justified, it doesn't mean I approve of them.

You pulled that Trump stat out of your ass based on what?

Which situations would justify suicide bombing of civilians? You suggest there are many.

Every single country in the world which had English law and a Muslim majority has switched over to Sharia as soon as they could. Over 50% (not15-20%) of Muslims worldwide believe they should live under Sharia. I'm not sure why I should want to import those people into my country. Especially when I can see the results of a similar policy already played out in Europe. Terrorism, welfare ghettos, pushy multiculturalism rather than assimilation, and left wing voters. No thanks.

So, is that statistic about UK Muslims in ISIS vs the British Armed Forces incorrect? When I first heard it I didn't believe that it was possible and looked it up online. Seemed to be coming from legit sources.

I'm sure there are Muslim areas where the police are extra vigilant or have a slightly different patrol policy compared to other areas. I'm sure there are Muslim communities that try their best to not involve the police and handle issues outside the normal legal process. I know that there are no go areas for Jews in some European cities as I've seen the videos. But I doubt there are places where the police or normal citizens can't go safely. US cities are way worse on that front, but obviously not because of Muslims here.

You pulled that Trump stat out of your ass based on what?

Which situations would justify suicide bombing of civilians? You suggest there are many.

Every single country in the world which had English law and a Muslim majority has switched over to Sharia as soon as they could. Over 50% (not15-20%) of Muslims worldwide believe they should live under Sharia. I'm not sure why I should want to import those people into my country. Especially when I can see the results of a similar policy already played out in Europe. Terrorism, welfare ghettos, pushy multiculturalism rather than assimilation, and left wing voters. No thanks.

You're gonna have to evidence the bits in bold i'm afraid. Preferably without links to hilariously shit extreme christian right wing websites.

The bit i've underlined was out of pure laughter at the irony of you having pulled every "fact" in the rest of your post "out of your ass".

So, is that statistic about UK Muslims in ISIS vs the British Armed Forces incorrect?

What statistic?  What is the source of this nonsense?

ETA: Are you sure that the statistic isn't that there are more UK muslims in ISIS that there are UK muslims in the UK armed forces?  If so, then I wouldn't be surprised but then how many UK muslims are there in the UK armed forces, in 2013 there were 600 muslims in the UK armed forces. Source

You're gonna have to evidence the bits in bold i'm afraid. Preferably without links to hilariously shit extreme christian right wing websites.

The bit i've underlined was out of pure laughter at the irony of you having pulled every "fact" in the rest of your post "out of your ass".

"Seemed to be coming from legit sources."

Newsweek magazine appears to be the genesis of this story in 2014. Newsweek, along with Time, was one of the two biggest news magazines in the US before going all digital in the past few years.

http://www.newsweek.com/twice-many-british-muslims-fighting-isis-armed-forces-265865

Their claim was based on an interview with Labor MP Khalid Mahmood who said the government was purposely undercounting the number of British Muslim extremists.

Since Trump tweeted about it (I did not know this) it seems to have gotten renewed attention in the British press with some contesting the number.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/reality-check/2015/dec/11/donald-trump-needs-check-facts-british-muslims-isis

640 British Muslims in the armed forces. (Way low for their demographic rates in the age groups which serves and strange from a US perspective where immigrant groups sign up to serve in large numbers.)

"Shiraz Maher a senior research fellow at the International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation at King’s College London, estimates that 750 Muslims have gone to Syria to fight over the last three to four years."

He goes on to note that some are fighting for other Islamic organizations other than ISIS.

Whatever the number, it's out of whack with how an immigrant group should behave.

"I know that there are no go areas for Jews in some European cities as I've seen the videos."

10 Hours of Walking as a Jew in Paris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AltyhmrIFgo

There are other if you search.

And of course you have synagogues and other Jewish institutions under 24 hour police protection.

"Over 50% (not15-20%) of Muslims worldwide believe they should live under Sharia."

Pew Research

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

gsi2-overview-1.png

I notice several countries in that list who lived under English law for generations and then decided that they'd rather have sharia law when given the option. So I'm not sure why living under English law in the US would change their mind.

Hope that helps. I'm fine to be wrong or misinformed about something.

No thats utter bollocks, we have absolutely no separate policy for 'muslim' areas, what an utterly stupid man you are.

So, why are the Belgian police wearing masks on my tv? Is this normal when they patrol white areas of Brussels?

In the US, when I've been stopped by police in 100% black areas to check on what I'm doing, a common thing I've been told is to be careful because non-black officers are only allowed to enter these neighborhoods in twos and only after radioing dispatch where they are going. I was referring to informal policies like that. When I was checking on Trumps claim about no-go areas back when he originally made it, I did read reports from some British police officers that they do coordinate with community leaders in some Muslim areas in a way they wouldn't in a white area.

If an MP says something it must be true of course.

Nice of you to take on the task of deciding how immigrant groups should behave though.

It's completely relevant to discuss how different immigrant groups are assimilating to their new culture in deciding whether we want more or less people to come from a certain country.

In the US it's been traditional for the children of immigrants to join the military at high levels. And of course there is a heavy Hispanic presence in the US military today. I would wonder what was different if a certain immigrant group did not follow this path. And I'd certainly be wondering what was wrong if they were joining groups fighting my own country.

I'm not sure military participation rates are the best way to judge assimilation.

Why were you stopped by the police?

Had a job when I was in my early 20s that required me to be in black areas after dark. If police saw me off of a main road I was stopped 100% of the time.

Archived