Trump

scottsdad

Worrying though that guys like him are being seen as almost moderate owing to the sheer insanity of Trump

Jeb Bush's strategy of coming across like mature, (reasonably) sane statesman seem to be electoral Kryptonite for your average Republican party member. They want a looney.

Let's not forget Ben Carson was also doing very well earlier in the campaign, and he might well be the maddest of the lot.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just been reminded of something Fidel Castro said during the 2012 race:

"The selection of a Republican candidate for the presidency of this globalised and expansive empire is – and I mean this seriously – the greatest competition of idiocy and ignorance that has ever been."

FidelCastroSmiling.jpg

Wonder if Alex S would quite so vocal if Trump hadn't made it clear he was on the No side in the referendum. Not keen on the guy as he is obviously doing an up to date version of Nixon's Southern strategy (check out the lack of diversity in the clip of the campaign song), but I'm not sure he is anything like as dangerous as Dick Cheney was in foreign policy terms.

I agree with throbber.

Im glad by this

Has any political figure actually been banned from entering the UK? Im sure a good few politicians agree with him to some extent but can't say anything supportive for risk of a massive backlash.

He's a right wing nutter who believes Muslims are a massive problem and has come out and said what he believes, thats politics/life and its up to the Americans if they elect him or not.

We should ban him for promising lots of jobs in the North East to get planning permission for his golf course and then reneging on the deal, and for having an annoying whiny voice and stupid hair. And for saying Mexicans are all rapists and thieves when some of them clearly aren't.

And can you just ban someone from coming into the UK? Would there not have to be legal proceedings to implement this?

Nope, just about anyone can be refused for just about any reason, by the order of the Home Secretary or if the entry clearance officer "believes exclusion of applicant is conducive to public good because of their conduct, convictions, character, associations or other reasons."

Archived